Seabourn covid testing policy for boarding Mediterranean cruises 2022

Rosie B.

On 2/18/2022 at 10:41 AM, ciaoYacht said:

None of this makes me feel like I am "Traveling With Confidence" or sounds "worry free."  Is this all just a marketing ploy? Also, Seabourn's current protocols are falling out of line with what the other major cruise lines are transitioning to given the changes in the covid numbers.  I would expect more from a luxury line, starting with keeping their website up to date.  They need to update their policies and stand behind the guests spending their hard earned dollars on Seabourn!

Pax have been complaining about SB's website for years, and have repeatedly commented that they "expect more from a luxury line."  But yet then they keep booking, despite the crappy website, and were selling out cruises (pre-Covid). So even though SB (and HAL and Carnival) staff is based in alleged tech center Seattle, management has apparently decided that if people will still sail despite negative website experiences, given limited luxury choices, they do not need to spend extra money.  

The same goes for many non-cruising services these days, it is just the new normal of a world more interested in cost savings than excellent total service. 

2 hours ago, Catlover54 said:

Pax have been complaining about SB's website for years, and have repeatedly commented that they "expect more from a luxury line."  But yet then they keep booking, despite the crappy website, and were selling out cruises (pre-Covid). So even though SB (and HAL and Carnival) staff is based in alleged tech center Seattle, management has apparently decided that if people will still sail despite negative website experiences, given limited luxury choices, they do not need to spend extra money.  

The same goes for many non-cruising services these days, it is just the new normal of a world more interested in cost savings than excellent total service. 

That may be true for some. But this is my first, and may be my last, Seabourn cruise if I am not wowed. There are always alternatives and I’m fine using them and others can continue to use what they like.