Cape Town Safaris Pre-Cruise

Hi all. In Feb. 2023 I will be doing a cruise that starts in Cape Town. I'd like to do a multi-day safari pre-cruise that is not sponsored by the cruise company. I've been to Kruger before so not Kruger. Traveling solo so trying to avoid having to pay double but willing to pay a reasonable single supplement. Prefer something near Cape Town but as most flights from U.S. go through Johannesburg, could be near Johannesburg too. Suggestions? 

Suggest contacting Karen Richards at &Beyond.  We booked a safari through her after our January 2022 South African cruise.  Deferred to 2023 after cruise was canceled. She is very responsive and I was very happy with the itinerary.  She books &Beyond and other camps. 

karen.richards@andbeyond.com

https://www.andbeyond.com/destinations/africa/

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Jamie

I would suggest finding a game reserve somewhere along the Garden Route. The Addo Elephant National Park is a treasure, and the region along the southern coast of South Africa towards Cape Town is beautiful. You could maybe fly to Port Elizabeth and then self-drive from there to Cape Town, making your way slowly through quite dramatic mountain ranges, valleys, and eventually wine vineyards. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1