Hotel Savoia & Jolanda in Venice?

terrydtx

• 2 weeks later...

The Savoia and Jolanda hotel is a very traditional Venice hotel with a good location if you want to be on the farther side of the piazza San Marco. 

My mother and grandmother stayed there ages ago in the 1960s, so of course I had to check it out when I was in Venice, though I didn't stay there -- I prefer a location that is more central to all areas of Venice. However, it would be a very good choice if you're wanting that Venice charm without having it be overdone. 

The only caveat I'd share is that I have heard they have two buildings and the second (annex) is not as pleasant. If you're in a junior suite, you are probably in the main building and hopefully have a lagoon view, in which case it does not get much better in a 4* hotel in Venice.

14 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

The Savoia and Jolanda hotel is a very traditional Venice hotel with a good location if you want to be on the farther side of the piazza San Marco. 

My mother and grandmother stayed there ages ago in the 1960s, so of course I had to check it out when I was in Venice, though I didn't stay there -- I prefer a location that is more central to all areas of Venice. However, it would be a very good choice if you're wanting that Venice charm without having it be overdone. 

The only caveat I'd share is that I have heard they have two buildings and the second (annex) is not as pleasant. If you're in a junior suite, you are probably in the main building and hopefully have a lagoon view, in which case it does not get much better in a 4* hotel in Venice.

Thank you, yes we are in the main building with a lagoon view. Sounds just like what we wanted in  Venice. 

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, reps23 said:

We will be in Venice April 2023 and Hotel Flora was suggested but they are booked.  What hotel would you recommend that is centrally located.

Thank you.

Have you looked at the Hotel Savoia & Jolanda in Venice?   We are booked there and we got nothing but positive feed back.

Thank you for your recommendation for Hotel Savoia & Jolanda.  We will most likely book 3 rooms there but am waiting for our booking date to open up.  We will not be there to next April.  I did email the hotel to ask when bookings open up for April 2023.

2 hours ago, reps23 said:

Thank you for your recommendation for Hotel Savoia & Jolanda.  We will most likely book 3 rooms there but am waiting for our booking date to open up.  We will not be there to next April.  I did email the hotel to ask when bookings open up for April 2023.

Please post their answer once you get it. We are looking at that hotel for july 2023.

I received an email from Hotel Savoia & Jolanda. Their online reservations are not open but they quoted the cost for rooms for 3 nights April 30, May 1 and 2.

I just need to speak to the other people in my group.