Deposit - Refundable or not?

HappyTvlr

I am considering a holiday cruise in December, but I am confused about the deposit.  I go through the online booking process, and get an option to pay an extra $720 for a refundable deposit.  When I click cancelation fees it shows 25%+++ fees if I cancel 90 days... out.  Is the $720 giving me flexibility to cancel up to 48hrs and the 90 day rule still applies if I don't pay the extra.  I wish it was clearly stated that the deposit is non-refundable if I opt out of the $720, but it simply leads to the 90 day info. Thanks.

Would really be best to discuss with an agent or Celebrity.  

The Non-Refundable and Refundable only apply to the deposit and the percentage of full fare for cancellation penalty apply to both Refundable and Non-Refundable.

My strategy has been that I book and pay the extra money for Refundable Deposit.  That give me the flexibility to cancel anytime prior to final payment and get 100% back.   If you choose the non-refundable I believe you will get all but $200 back as a FCC.   When I get closer to Final Payment and know I'm going to make final payment I have my agent change the reservation to non-refundable.

After final payment the the same rules apply for Refundable or Non-Refundable, except it your cruise booking date and cruise date fall within the Cruise with Confidence T&C.  

I'm not even to get into what happens if you test positive etc etc.

Edited by Jim_Iain

Thanks.  I finally got someone to pick up at Celebrity, and he gave me the same info you did.  You did it better because he kept getting bogged down in "final payment day".  

Funny you mention testing positive because he hung up on me when I said I was refusing to book until testing goes away. My question about the refund was because I refuse to cruise until testing goes away.  I did find an online travel agency familiar to most that offers a shopping card equal to the amount of the fee for a refundable deposit so that may be the direction I go.  BTW, it was only $500 not $720.  Have a great day.