Email with offer of paid upgrade...worth it?

consmarci

I know this is subjective. We've never gotten one of these emails before. Is it worth it to pay, 3 weeks out, or to just roll the dice and see what we get if we booked a guarantee inside cabin for free?  I had considered Covid and if one of us tested positive or both, and have read they move you anyway, so paying for a balcony just to have air if quarantined wouldn't make sense since they'd move us to a Covid area. 

With 3 weeks to go, will another offer come in your experienced opinions?

We are booked on a cruise that sails at the end of this month. We received one paid upgrade offer two days ago for $499 pp and yesterday received another offer at the same terms except priced at $249 pp.  We like to select and know our cabin location in advance so we always say no to the offers.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Mandalay1903 said:

We are booked on a cruise that sails at the end of this month. We received one paid upgrade offer two days ago for $499 pp and yesterday received another offer at the same terms except priced at $249 pp.  We like to select and know our cabin location in advance so we always say no to the offers.

If you call regarding the offer I think they will tell you which staterooms are available.  You could choose the stateroom at that time.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

If you call regarding the offer I think they will tell you which staterooms are available.  You could choose the stateroom at that time.

Thanks. That's new news to me. Last time we asked our HAL PCC about it they said we wouldn't know the stateroom until it was assigned, and then we couldn't revert back to our old room or choose another. That was a few years ago, though.

23 minutes ago, Mandalay1903 said:

Thanks. That's new news to me. Last time we asked our HAL PCC about it they said we wouldn't know the stateroom until it was assigned, and then we couldn't revert back to our old room or choose another. That was a few years ago, though.

I have done many upsells and everytime got to choose from the open cabins in the new category.  Most times they were in great locations (I suspect due to last minute cancellations).  You do have to ASK them though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

It never hurts to call and ask 🙂 And even if your cabin has been assigned to you, still call and inquire. Especially during these times when the ships are not sold out. I did this for my sailing next week and for my sailing back in November. Of course they throw in the obligatory oh well normally with these offers like yours we don't offer upgrades... but let's be honest. It's a paid upgrade. Like they wouldn't love to collect a few more hundred backs on a half full sailing 😉