Considering Mercury 1226

BTDookie

For the Feb sailing to Mexican Riviera. I just put a hold on 1226 but know nothing about this ship. Seems like that is above everything- same level as jogging track (ie above pool decks) but to the rear?

Anyone have any info to share?

We were in 1215 & they are WONDERFUL sky suites with HUGE balconies! The jogging track is on the pool deck, the deck above these cabins is required as "quiet", you will not be bothered with noise at all. The Mercury is a lovely ship, EXCELLENT service & well maintained--go & enjoy!!! :D

Like Rosie, I wasn't bothered by noise on the Sky Deck. I was in 1200, which is one of the four Concierge cabins up there. A really good spot for the pool deck, jogging track and there is a hot tub nearby too. It's straight down the stairs or elevator to the important parts of the ship too (ie where you EAT!). I have been on Galaxy, but not Century. I prefer Mercury to Galaxy, but it is a personal thing. I love the Cova Cafe area on Mercury and find the Pavilion Night Club and also the Navigator Lounge more visually appealing than the equivalents on Galaxy.

Phil

I had a cabin on Deck 12 just last week...the pool is on Deck 11, the jogging track is on Deck 12 midships, with the Navigator Club forward and cabins aft (plus the basketball court port side, volleyball court starboard side and ping pong tables on both sides). Deck 13 aft is, indeed, posted as a "Quiet Area", which did not deter some walkers from taking their exercise there. Note that passengers looking over the railing on Deck 13 are looking down into the balconies on Deck 12. Deck 14 forward, by the way, is posted as a "Topless Sunbathing" area. Never experienced it, personally. The ship is lovely, the staff is tops and the cruise exceeded expectations. Have fun.

Seems like to pool on 11 is forward of this area on deck 12? Looks like we would be over the buffet area, right?

So, I was just on Connie aft with a huge veranda, but half the veranda was covered which provided privacy from above. Are these verandas 100% open to above or is there a partial overhang since all there is above is the Sunrise deck? We are early risers and love to see the sunrise as well as port arrivals and this would give us very good access to that deck :)

This really does seem like a perfect stateroom :)

We were soooo spoiled on the Connie not sure we can deal with the smaller verandas.

Connie had the topless area but never was up there when the sun was out :)

So, how does Mercury compare to Century (before her rehab :) )

The computer seems to have added "Lorraine's Time to Ship Out" and a failed countdown clock to my message. Don't know who she is, but hope she has/had a great cruise! Anybody know how I can delete this from future posts?

Go to your public profile and you'll see it at the top of the page. Just delete and save

Yes, the pool is forward & yes, you are over the buffet areas. I have pix of the balconies if you want to email me! (Have to run to an appointment for a little bit in a few minutes!) We had a forward facing cutout balcony which we thought was as nice if not nicer then the FV aft balcony on summit! :D

Phil,

I thought your cruises were just duplicating mine, I didn't realize you were taking the same cabins as us.

We had 1200 as well, Best balcony to date. No problem with noise. Our second best room behind a Celebrity Suite

Hi Rick. Yes, 1200 was a great cabin and location too. I took a few pictures of it (link in my sig).

Congratulations on the new addition by the way. Cute new avatar:cool:

Phil

The verandah is - approximately - 1/3 covered, 2/3 uncovered.

The 1/3 that is covered is more than enough for privacy . . . lounge chairs and/or dining-height table with chairs will fit comfortably underneath.

The 2/3 uncovered part, obviously, is also more than enough room to accommodate all furnishings as well, if you wish to drag them out in the open for some sun.

Overall, a huge verandah - about 140-145 sq. ft. in all. Hold on to it, you won't regret it.

Sounds similar to what we had on Connie then. awesome. Right now it is a decision between Mexican Riviera and s Carib again...I have a cc (1240) held on that sailing...Galaxy. Must decide today sometime :)

I've heard things about the Galaxy showing her age?

Rosie, thanks for the pics!

I've heard things about the Galaxy showing her age?
I'd heard that too and there are still reports of fogged windows in the Stratosphere Lounge which were there when we were on her, but I never spent any daytime in there to matter. I thought she was in great condition for her age. Always being cleaned and polished. I'd give the condition edge to Mercury and as for cabins, hands down on your Mercury choice too. Aside from being smaller and not a suite, 1240 has quite a balcony cut out and is an adjoining cabin to 1236 so there's a chance of noise and/or smoke from that cabin. Just something else to think about aside from itinerary!

Phil

hello,

What is very important to remember about the Mercury, is that you will be provided with an excellent cruise experience at a very reasonable price. Other ships may be newer and others may have better food and others may have better entertainment, but you probably cannot find a better all around cruise for the money than the Mercury. Also, the 10 and 11 day Mercury cruises go round trip from San Diego and to me this is a huge plus. I say this because there are few cities where the airport is 10 minutes from the cruise terminal, there are hotels to fit every budget, and lots to see and do for the splurgers to the very cost conscious.

Looking forward to our 3/27 cruise.

Fred

Archived