Azamara Selling off cruises to consolidator ?

Mrs Miggins

2 hours ago, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

Just looked at our Quest cruise for 23rd April and prices more expensive than when I originally booked although there is currently $1000 OBC whereas we got $500 OBC. The price we paid was still better than an extra $500? I haven’t seen any better offers from travel company consolidators.

Looking forward to meeting you on this cruise.  We are on the one before also.  Interesting to see where we will dock in Venice.

58 minutes ago, Mrs Miggins said:

Looking forward to meeting you on this cruise.  We are on the one before also.  Interesting to see where we will dock in Venice.

That would be good. Hoping that if we are docked in the industrial port that Azamara will lay on shuttles. I have seen today on the Azamara web site that shuttles aren’t being provided in Croatia or Slovenia but no mention of Italy. 

10 hours ago, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

That would be good. Hoping that if we are docked in the industrial port that Azamara will lay on shuttles. I have seen today on the Azamara web site that shuttles aren’t being provided in Croatia or Slovenia but no mention of Italy. 

Where did you see information about shuttles.  I couldn't find it.  In the past Azamara shuttles have been good but sometimes not required  due to their often great docking locations for example in Barcelona and  Livorno,

3 hours ago, Mrs Miggins said:

Where did you see information about shuttles.  I couldn't find it.  In the past Azamara shuttles have been good but sometimes not required  due to their often great docking locations for example in Barcelona and  Livorno,

It may change, but on our Quest sailing in November, shuttles were no longer being provided in any port, unless the port authority provided a required one (e.g. to get out of a busy industrial port area). 

Edited by ECCruise

7 hours ago, Mrs Miggins said:

Link here:

https://www.azamara.co.uk/booked-guests/before-you-board/explore-well-at-sea/explore-well-travel-requirements

All ships in majority of the main cruise lines are extremely low capacity. Just off an Oceania that holds 1,250. We are about 370!

I believe they are all offering deals to get people back.  
Most are making masks optional for fully vaccinated effective 3/1!  Or masks only in certain crowded venues. 
Many people have been waiting for that to end. 
And if testing ends in the next several weeks I predict capacity will increase. 
Of course there will always be people who still will not feel safe to resume cruising, but that is their choice. 
And if the Omicron variant cases continue to go down, and hopefully another variant doesn’t rear its head, or if it does, have even milder symptoms, perhaps it will become endemic and cruising can return as we once knew it. 
So many variables now - cruise lines are having to do something to generate revenue any way they can get bookings. 
We all still need to be patient. 

• Like 3