Senior Discounts on RCI?

ladylawyer

I thought I could find this, easily, on prior threads, but notsomuch...

Please, does anyone know if there is a senior discount for RCI cruises? DH and I are taking my parents ("The Parental Units") on their first cruise. They are in their 70s (OMG, don't anyone tell my Mother that I told you that :eek: ). Can I ask for a senior discount for their cabin? If so, any idea how much? We have not yet made the final payment, but it's coming up soon. I really, really appreciate your help!!!

Senior discounts are not offered on all sailings. You have to check the PROMO rate on the specific ship and sailing date that you booked, to see if a senior rate is offered. Only one person in the cabin needs to be 55 in order to book this rate.

Ginnie

Thanks, Carol! I can always count on you! Unfortunately, no discounts for the Monarch, for anything. I know it's a popular So Cal cruise and they probably don't have to discount it (despite its recent unfortunate press). No problem. I love The Parental Units and they're worth full price. I just LOVE a bargain ... that's all. (Due to good up-bringing, no doubt :rolleyes: ) ~ Lorna

PS: OMG, don't you ever sleep?

I think that not all Senior discounted cruises are listed on the promowave site. We've gotten the Senior discount on cruises that weren't listed there. Also, RCI tends to add the Senior discount well after final payment dates--so keep checking. One cruise, they added one 7 days before our cruise. I called and we got the price adjustment for it.

beachchick

CruisinDawn,

Icruise ask for your age, but doesn't always show the senior rate. We were just on the Majesty and I checked prices just about daily. I called RCI to see about cabin availibilty and the agent told me that there was a senior rate on our cabin. They dropped our rate $80 and this was about 10 or less from our sailing. The discount was not listed anywhere to my knowledge, so it pays to check your price with the cruise line.

CruisinDawn,

. I called RCI to see about cabin availibilty and the agent told me that there was a senior rate on our cabin. They dropped our rate $80 and this was about 10 or less from our sailing. The discount was not listed anywhere to my knowledge, so it pays to check your price with the cruise line.

I called RCI re my upcoming Majesty cruise in Dec. Was told to keep calling back as often as I liked to check on senior rates. Guess I will do that once a month until we get closer to sail date then maybe once a week. I saved $460 on a 7 day E. Car. on Radiance two yrs ago. And that was after final pymt.

Judy,

We had already made our final payment as well, they just credited our credit card. We were sailing in an inside cabin with some friends that had an OV. They didn't qualify for the senior credit, so I guess it depends on the cabin availability as well. We booked this cabin over a year in advance as we were sailing on the Brilliance right after the Majesty. So we got a cheap rate and then it was cut by $40 per person. It made the anchor noise at little less annoying.:) I won't be doing a cabin in the front of the ship again.

There is a website out there that ask age but can't think of which one it is. It also ask state so I assume their database checks for state discounts available as well as senior discounts. Anyone know which site I am thinking of?

BonVoyage

Dawna

Expedia.com

We just last week saved $600.00 on our CC cabin for our $ march cruise.. They still are discounting on that site..Good luck

I booked our cruise through RCCL. They didn't tell me at the time that there was a senior discount. I called them at a later date to change one of our rooms and the RCCL rep. asked if there was someone over 55 in either room, which there is. He gave me a credit of $440.00 per room. If I were you, I would call them directly and ask and keep calling weekly. I just called them yesterday when I saw a price difference of $100.00 for the 3rd and 4thperson in each room & the man was very pleasant. He said there was a larger price difference then was posted on their website. I received a $1020.00 credit back to my credit card. $380.00 for an interior and $640.00 for a balcony room. That made my day.

I booked our cruise through RCCL. They didn't tell me at the time that there was a senior discount. I called them at a later date to change one of our rooms and the RCCL rep. asked if there was someone over 55 in either room, which there is. He gave me a credit of $440.00 per room. If I were you, I would call them directly and ask and keep calling weekly. I just called them yesterday when I saw a price difference of $100.00 for the 3rd and 4thperson in each room & the man was very pleasant. He said there was a larger price difference then was posted on their website. I received a $1020.00 credit back to my credit card. $380.00 for an interior and $640.00 for a balcony room. That made my day.

That is a reduction.. Almost enough for a 3 or 4 day cruise. Congrats:)

We had a balcony (d1) on the Jewel last Sept. A friend told us of the Senior discount. It was only available on the cabins up to the d1 category. The suites were not discounted. All it took was a call to Royal Caribbean and the price was adjusted. We saved lots and it was credited to my mastercard. Keep checking. Ours came after the final payment.

jebl: I would advise calling to check more often than once a month. Sometimes even Senior discounts can come and go. I'd say once every week or 10 days would be good.

sfpd3000: Often Senior discounts are only offered for certain cabin categories. It may be that the promenade cabins are not included in this particular Senior rate. Sorry about that.

beachchick

Archived