Uber/Lyft to Galveston availability late night?

elmojessi

Does anyone have experience with getting a ride share late at night (11 or midnight)?  We fly into IAH and would like to stay the night in Galveston so that we can adventure around Galveston in the morning, but not sure if anyone would be willing to drive out there late at night on the assumption that there would likely not be a return fare for the driver.  Don't want to find ourselves without a ride late at night!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I've checked at various times of night to see what fares might be like...seems very varied.  I do NOT want to pay over $200 to get to Galveston, so a bit nervous about it.  Of course there could be surge pricing to go in the morning the day of embarkation.  Decisions, decisions.  

Not sure if its changed but for a long time, rideshare companies were blocked by local ordinance from picking up in Galveston, so the pricing may reflect that.  

I've used a car service, came to about $100 each way to IAH before tip.

Edited by Lane Hog

16 hours ago, Lane Hog said:

Not sure if its changed but for a long time, rideshare companies were blocked by local ordinance from picking up in Galveston, so the pricing may reflect that.  

I've used a car service, came to about $100 each way to IAH before tip.

Lyft now has an exclusive contract to pick up and drop off inside the port. Uber can still take you to Galveston and pick you up, but they have to drop off and pick up across the street.

Edited by Rudyard

Disclaimer:  I'm not an employee, investor or current customer of these guys, nor are they paying me... They were my regular go-to service when I was on work trips to Houston between 2014 and 2019, and they were extremely reliable & affordable.

http://www.limochampion.com/home.html    Email  info@linochampion.com  for a quote.

Disclaimer:  I'm not an employee, investor or current customer of these guys, nor are they paying me... They were my regular go-to service when I was on work trips to Houston between 2014 and 2019, and they were extremely reliable & affordable.

http://www.limochampion.com/home.html    Email  info@linochampion.com  for a quote.