The Daily for Friday 02/18/2022

richwmn

15 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

A Shamble is when everyone on your 4 man team hits a tee shot. You then pick the tee shot you want to play and then all the players play their own ball from that spot until they hole out. Usually it's 2 best balls net of the 4 . We came in 3rd place today with a net score of 108 which was 32 under par. 104 won it and 107 was second. I picked up a few extra bucks with 2 closest to the pins on the Par 3s.

All in all a good day with great weather.

I have played in the same type of tournament only we call them a Scramble here.

Usually some sort of fund raiser/charity event. Usually only 9-holes They can be lots of fun!

Often there were donated prizes for things like closest to the pin, longest drive etc.

One tournament I played in had a car for the prize if you got a hole-in-one on a specific hole.

No one won it...😏

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Cruisercl said:

I have played in the same type of tournament only we call them a Scramble here.

Usually some sort of fund raiser/charity event. Usually only 9-holes They can be lots of fun!

Often there were donated prizes for things like closest to the pin, longest drive etc.

One tournament I played in had a car for the prize if you got a hole-in-one on a specific hole.

No one won it...😏

Shamble and Scramble are 2 different formats.

Traditional Scramble format is all 4 players play the best shot of the 4 all the way until holed out, what you probably played. The Shamble which we played yesterday is everybody plays their own ball after taking the best drive. Another way of saying it that its a scramble on the drive and regular golf after that. BTW, our Men’s Day format next week is a regular Scramble.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, marshhawk said:

NO, I just need new batteries for my blood pressure machine...that and the knowledge on how to open the darn thing up to get the batteries in.  I've got the batteries.  

At least I know now that I wont have to cancel that May vacation.  Every thing has a good side, if we turn it over enough.  

And I would hug you if you were here!

There is probably a YouTube video that can walk you through changing those batteries.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, irishjim said:

Goi  a  shock  phone the call  from my  Nephew in my  old  home town Walaceburg

to  let know

dsil  had  passed  away  she  was  74  and had  been in  a  care  home for  7yrs and my

other Nephew  Anthony  passed   the  day  before. Both  will  buried  on  the  27th.

A  bit  of  a  shock  both   in  2  days.

JIM.

Jim, I am so sorry to hear this. You and your entire family are in my prayers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, irishjim said:

Goi  a  shock  phone the call  from my  Nephew in my  old  home town Walaceburg

to  let know

dsil  had  passed  away  she  was  74  and had  been in  a  care  home for  7yrs and my

other Nephew  Anthony  passed   the  day  before. Both  will  buried  on  the  27th.

A  bit  of  a  shock  both   in  2  days.

JIM.

I am very sorry to hear of your sudden loss of two family members in 2 days.  My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1