Transportation from FLL Airport to Port of Miami

MSseawind

I've read some horror stories about the shuttle from the FLL Airport to the Port of Miami since cruises reopened.  Does anyone have any experience (post-Covid) with taking the shuttle arranged by Carnival?  Or with Taxis or Ubers or Lyfts from FLL to the Port of Miami?  Thanks for any help!

Lots of happy cruisers on this board reporting back about SAS shared shuttles for about $15+ per person. Uber and Lyft are good options with current fares running about $50+ for the car - taxi on the same run will be about $75-80+ on the meter. Or splurge with Larry's Limos for $100+

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/18/2022 at 5:49 PM, JohninDC said:

Lots of happy cruisers on this board reporting back about SAS shared shuttles for about $15+ per person. Uber and Lyft are good options with current fares running about $50+ for the car - taxi on the same run will be about $75-80+ on the meter. Or splurge with Larry's Limos for $100+

Thanks for the info!  I'm traveling with my Mom who has mobility issues and uses a walker .... do you happen to know which of these options are closest to Southwest Baggage Claim?

18 hours ago, cruisegal40 said:

Does anyone know if SAS picks up a hotels in FT L. and transport you to the Miami pier? 

They pick up at some hotels near FLL - check their website for a list of hotels.  Otherwise stay where you want and get picked up back at the airport.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2022 at 6:25 AM, cruisegirl1976 said:

SAS transportation.. they are great.

I'm thinking of using them, this would be my first time.

From FLL to Miami downtown hotel. Arriving FLL at around 7:30 am. Is it too early for SAS to pick up? Not sure what time they start? 

Also, do you know if they will circle the airport until the van is full before driving off? )We've had an experience where the driver drove around for over 30 min). I know this is shared ride, but circling for over 30 min is fairly long 🙂 

Thanks so much! 

11 hours ago, seapad said:

From FLL to Miami downtown hotel. Arriving FLL at around 7:30 am. Is it too early for SAS to pick up? Not sure what time they start? 

If your flight arrives at 7:30 it will be 8:00 or later before you are out of the airport with bags and ready to load the van.

Have you gone to the SAS website to see what pickup time information they post?  Have you called them? 🤔

On 3/21/2022 at 8:05 PM, seapad said:

Also, do you know if they will circle the airport until the van is full before driving off? )We've had an experience where the driver drove around for over 30 min). I know this is shared ride, but circling for over 30 min is fairly long 🙂 

Thanks so much! 

I would definitely call them or email them so they can give you more specific details.  Our flight landed around 10am, and our shuttle van wasn’t full but it depends on the day.