Seabourn Encore 19th February Cruise From Lisbon

John117

38 minutes ago, John117 said:

Encore was due to start cruising again yesterday but I notice it is still moored in Lisbon? Does anyone know why it didn't leave at 17.00 yesterday? We are on the next cruise due to leave on 1st March.

Because of stormy conditions they are leaving today instead. The itinerary has been changed slightly because of this.

• Thanks 1

There are 100 passengers still to board, today. The problem seems to have been that the stormy conditions elsewhere played havoc with many peoples travel arrangements and Seabourn quickly made the decision to wait for them. It’s quiet here in Lisbon - hope we don’t meet adverse weather in the Atlantic! 🤞

For the information of those on later Canaries cruises:

• our Encore boarding time was 1.20, and we were told not to arrive early, so expected to have to waste time hanging around the airport. But approached a Seabourn rep there who said just go now, no problem. This may have been because so many people’s travel arrangements were disrupted, but we were glad we’d asked, because we got processed pretty quickly once we arrived at the cruise terminal.
  • at the airport we had our vaccination proof ready, but immigration didn’t ask for it on this occasion.
  • can recommend Uber from the airport to the terminal - less than EURO 7.
  • Seabourn did not ask to see our pre-flight test results. They nose swab you and you sit and wait till your number flashes up indicating you’re negative, then you proceed to check in. Boarding started around 12.30 for Diamond level folk, we got on board by 1.00pm. A very, very warm welcome from the CD and crew. 

Many thanks for all the information. I guess all the crew will be delighted to have passengers on board again. 

I hope the rest of the cruise goes well for all on board and mother nature calms down a bit for some smooth sailing.

Quick report from the Encore. Today is a sea day and it is a welcome opportunity to chill so I thought I'd take the opportunity to do a quick recap of the past couple of days.

As reported earlier on this thread we did not sail away on Saturday due to weather related issues. We are the first bunch to sail on Encore after 705 days and the ship looks wonderful and fresh. It also does not feel empty by any stretch despite the reduced capacity (unverified ~470 on board). Saturday night dinner at the Restaurant was excellent, followed by a heartfelt attempt to burn it off on the dance floor at the Club.

Sail away from Lisbon on Sunday was great, the weather was sunny and mild. We had spent the earlier part of the day exploring and came back to a late lunch on the Patio. Dinner at the Restaurant was very good; I had the tenderloin with béarnaise sauce and B had the roast beef, both cooked to perfection. The offered chianti was not my fave so I asked for a glass of Nine Hats cab which I had really enjoyed on our last cruise. They opened a bottle for me and it was delish. Our server Yen from Colombia is super nice and made sure we were happy with our dinner. Once again we made our way to the Club for some dancing which proved quite challenging as we were really rocking. The rocking continued all night with heavy swells, it is so nice to be back on the sea and feel you're sailing!

Despite an early morning pedi appointment today we're taking it nice and slow. B is watching a movie and I'm at the Square enjoying an awesome latte. Today is a day for hot-tubs and books and not much more. We have reservations at the TK Grill which I made online, we also made a second res when we boarded on Saturday. I'm looking forward to the new show premiering tonight.

Not sure if this has been already reported but beginning with the next cruise masks will be "recommended" only. Right now everyone wears a mask while indoors but as soon as one arrives at a venue and there's a drink or food around masks come off. It has not been onerous but it will be nice when they are no longer required. Happy to answer questions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, claudiaYVR said:

Quick report from the Encore. Today is a sea day and it is a welcome opportunity to chill so I thought I'd take the opportunity to do a quick recap of the past couple of days.

As reported earlier on this thread we did not sail away on Saturday due to weather related issues. We are the first bunch to sail on Encore after 705 days and the ship looks wonderful and fresh. It also does not feel empty by any stretch despite the reduced capacity (unverified ~470 on board). Saturday night dinner at the Restaurant was excellent, followed by a heartfelt attempt to burn it off on the dance floor at the Club.

Sail away from Lisbon on Sunday was great, the weather was sunny and mild. We had spent the earlier part of the day exploring and came back to a late lunch on the Patio. Dinner at the Restaurant was very good; I had the tenderloin with béarnaise sauce and B had the roast beef, both cooked to perfection. The offered chianti was not my fave so I asked for a glass of Nine Hats cab which I had really enjoyed on our last cruise. They opened a bottle for me and it was delish. Our server Yen from Colombia is super nice and made sure we were happy with our dinner. Once again we made our way to the Club for some dancing which proved quite challenging as we were really rocking. The rocking continued all night with heavy swells, it is so nice to be back on the sea and feel you're sailing!

Despite an early morning pedi appointment today we're taking it nice and slow. B is watching a movie and I'm at the Square enjoying an awesome latte. Today is a day for hot-tubs and books and not much more. We have reservations at the TK Grill which I made online, we also made a second res when we boarded on Saturday. I'm looking forward to the new show premiering tonight.

Not sure if this has been already reported but beginning with the next cruise masks will be "recommended" only. Right now everyone wears a mask while indoors but as soon as one arrives at a venue and there's a drink or food around masks come off. It has not been onerous but it will be nice when they are no longer required. Happy to answer questions.

Thanks Claudia. We follow you in a month.

How was the Avenida Palace?

Canada is removed from the Portuguese no go list!

New show was good, lots of energy, good 80’s and some 70’ music. It’s a tribute to US and British bands. Enjoyed it and could sing along to every song 😁. Not a mask to be seen, I think everyone is getting really comfortable sans masks after a few days on the ship. 

dinner at TK Grill was excellent. Followed by some music by the piano, good times. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John117 said:

I hope the cruise is going well and the weather is more favourable for the 2 sea days to come.

Can anyone advise me if there is a shuttle bus today in Arrecife? Encore seems to be moored a long way out of town?

Wouldn’t recommend staying in Arrecife for the day. Nothing much to see and not all that nice. Get a cab to the Matagorda end of Puerto del Carmen and then walk with the sea on your left for as long as you want! Plenty of taxis along the way and dozens of cafes, etc.

Yes, there’s a shuttle bus, but I think only to the Marina (aka new cruise port) where we were originally going to dock. Last time we were here we did the Cesar Manrique ship’s tour, which was magical, highly recommended. This time we’ve just got back from a very good wine and tapas tour with Lanzarote Wines - quite fascinating the challenges wine growers face here. Now have our feet firmly up until wine o’clock!

26 minutes ago, claranda said:

Yes, there’s a shuttle bus, but I think only to the Marina (aka new cruise port) where we were originally going to dock. Last time we were here we did the Cesar Manrique ship’s tour, which was magical, highly recommended. This time we’ve just got back from a very good wine and tapas tour with Lanzarote Wines - quite fascinating the challenges wine growers face here. Now have our feet firmly up until wine o’clock!

We are here on holiday at the moment and love the Lanzarote wines! Which winery did you visit?