FYI: Britannia from Barbados PCR Test IS required

klaw0306

Hi, we received our cruise 'check-in' information yesterday.

So just incase you haven't read it not only do you need proof of having 3 jabs you also need to provide a negative PCR test which has been done 3 days prior to departure. 

The PCR test has to be done in person i.e. not a postal one and carried out at a private clinic i.e. not a Government test.  The PCR Test certificate has to then be verified by a Doctor. So for me I have to take another day off work,  drive 60 miles to Peterborough, pay £139 (for same day results test or £95 for next day results test) and then pay another £25 for the doctors validation that the certificate is genuine!. BTW....the doctor is at the same clinic the test is done at!

You then have to go the Barbadian Government immigration web site and upload the documents.  This too has to be done 3 days before departure.

I assume you then need to have another PCR test done onboard when returning to Barbados to fly back to the UK. Can someone confirm please?

You don’t need it verifying by a doctor if you use an accredited tester

• Organise and pay for a COVID-19 PCR test within three days prior to arrival in Barbados. The test must be administered at an accredited or recognised laboratory by a healthcare professional

not sure if you have one near you but randox healthcare are very good …costing is between 65 & 55 pounds… use discount code FLY15 to get it cheaper

Edited by janieb1962

We had our PCR test done at Boots in December before our Britannia Caribbean cruise. I think it was £69 or 79 each. Do you not have a more local Boots store where you can get it done or have Boots been taken off the list? We had ours done at 10.30 in the morning and received the results the next day.

9 hours ago, klaw0306 said:

Hi, we received our cruise 'check-in' information yesterday.

So just incase you haven't read it not only do you need proof of having 3 jabs you also need to provide a negative PCR test which has been done 3 days prior to departure. 

The PCR test has to be done in person i.e. not a postal one and carried out at a private clinic i.e. not a Government test.  The PCR Test certificate has to then be verified by a Doctor. So for me I have to take another day off work,  drive 60 miles to Peterborough, pay £139 (for same day results test or £95 for next day results test) and then pay another £25 for the doctors validation that the certificate is genuine!. BTW....the doctor is at the same clinic the test is done at!

You then have to go the Barbadian Government immigration web site and upload the documents.  This too has to be done 3 days before departure.

I assume you then need to have another PCR test done onboard when returning to Barbados to fly back to the UK. Can someone confirm please?

I thought this has been the procedure since Caribbean cruises started, or is there something new ?

32 minutes ago, janieb1962 said:

Correct Wowzz It’s been a requirement since the restart for Caribbean 

Thanks - I don't understand the point of the original post.

Edited by wowzz