Just off the Horizon yesterday. Second time cruisers, what a great time!!!

Johnc3211

Wife and I just got home from week on Horizon and wanted to say what a good time we had. Although we were originally going to the Western Caribbean our cruise ended up going to Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk, and Amber Cove. Since we live in Northeaster Ohio and had almost a foot of snow on the ground, we went anyway. I have to say I cannot imagine better food, service, or entertainment than what we experienced on the Horizon. I cannot say enough good things about our room steward. He was supper attentive and brought us ice twice a day. The whole ship seemed spotless and clean. I don't know how full the ship was but in todays labor shortages at home, there seemed to be plenty of help on the ship. We missed the sail away party on our first cruise, what a great way to start your cruise. The live stage shows were fabulous. The comedy club shows were funny. It took us 2 years and 4 re-bookings to finally get our cruise in but it was worth it. Planning the next one now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Less than a week before departure. We were scheduled for Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, and Cozumel. I knew Grand Cayman was closed to cruise ships and was hoping for Honduras or Belize. The wind was high and seas were rough so we did not stop at Half Moon Cay at all. We had been to Grand Turk before and spent the day at Margaritaville. There was a Holland America ship there before us and their people had all the beach chairs so we just sunned at the pool at Margaritaville. At Amber Cove we booked the Cocconut Cove all inclusive beach day which turned out great. We booked that right on the ship.

So glad to hear a good review of Horizon.  We board Sunday.  This is the first "big ship" we have been on on after 28 CCL cruises, so were a bit worried on how we would feel with so many more people - especially coming off Freedom a few weeks ago with around 45% capacity.  We have the same "changed"  itinerary you just had.   Since we have been to all the ports numerous times (same itinerary when we did Freedom) we are content to walk around a bit, then go back and hang on the ship.  Have a great balcony to enjoy, and looking forward to some good entertainment.  Do you know how many people were on your sailing?

7 hours ago, Johnc3211 said:

Less than a week before departure. We were scheduled for Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, and Cozumel. I knew Grand Cayman was closed to cruise ships and was hoping for Honduras or Belize. The wind was high and seas were rough so we did not stop at Half Moon Cay at all. We had been to Grand Turk before and spent the day at Margaritaville. There was a Holland America ship there before us and their people had all the beach chairs so we just sunned at the pool at Margaritaville. At Amber Cove we booked the Cocconut Cove all inclusive beach day which turned out great. We booked that right on the ship.

Did Carnival send out an email to you notifying of the changes?

Thanks.

Yes we received an email less than a week before departure. Don't know how many passengers but seemed less than I would have expected. We did anytime dinning and never saw more than quarter full. Could always find lounger on Lido Deck. Comedy shows were full but not Liquid lounge.

• Like 1