timing of rapid test

kimlet

I live in Canada. It says I need to take the test 24 hours before departure. My question is my flight time is 6:55am Saturday, can I take the test any time on Friday. 
Can I also use the same test to get on the ship the Sunday. That will be in my 2 day window.

Thanks

8 minutes ago, kimlet said:

I live in Canada. It says I need to take the test 24 hours before departure. My question is my flight time is 6:55am Saturday, can I take the test any time on Friday. 
Can I also use the same test to get on the ship the Sunday. That will be in my 2 day window.

Thanks

I would think so.  Nowhere does it say you can only use the test for one thing.  As long s it has all the pertinent info.  

Edited by BND

1 hour ago, kimlet said:

Thanks

I am Canadian too and have travelled to the US multiple times to cruise since the restart.  The US Government & Royal Caribbean do not go by hours, they go by days.  To fly into the US, the government requires a rest no more than 1 day before entering the US.  So if your flight is Saturday, you can take your test anytime Friday or on Saturday morning before the flight.  If you cruise on Sunday, you need to take your test for that anytime on Friday or Saturday or on Sunday before boarding.  So if you are looking to just take one test, anytime Friday or Saturday morning before your flight will do it.

CDC Rule for International travellers coming to US:

you will need to get a COVID-19 viral test (regardless of vaccination status or citizenship) no more than 1 day before you travel by air into the United States. You must show your negative result to the airline before you board your flight.

RCL Rule:

Vaccinated guests must show a negative COVID-19 test result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding day.

• Like 1

USA says one day, RCCL says two days.  So the answer is any time the day before your flight.  However, things could change on 2/25/2022 with regards to testing.  But the sad thing is, you will still need the test to fly to the USA.

I'm doing the reverse.  Flying to Canada, the day before the cruise.  Will take one test to handle both items.  Hopefully it will be more relaxed by May, but for now, one test for both.

1 hour ago, JessyCruises said:

I am Canadian too and have travelled to the US multiple times to cruise since the restart.  The US Government & Royal Caribbean do not go by hours, they go by days.  To fly into the US, the government requires a rest no more than 1 day before entering the US.  So if your flight is Saturday, you can take your test anytime Friday or on Saturday morning before the flight.  If you cruise on Sunday, you need to take your test for that anytime on Friday or Saturday or on Sunday before boarding.  So if you are looking to just take one test, anytime Friday or Saturday morning before your flight will do it.

CDC Rule for International travellers coming to US:

you will need to get a COVID-19 viral test (regardless of vaccination status or citizenship) no more than 1 day before you travel by air into the United States. You must show your negative result to the airline before you board your flight.

RCL Rule:

Vaccinated guests must show a negative COVID-19 test result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding day.

Thanks I thought it would have been hours and wasn't sure how that would work. I took the Friday off too just in case. Now I hope the rapid test to get home can be done as soon as I get off the ship my flight home is 11:40

On 2/21/2022 at 2:08 PM, kimlet said:

Thanks I thought it would have been hours and wasn't sure how that would work. I took the Friday off too just in case. Now I hope the rapid test to get home can be done as soon as I get off the ship my flight home is 11:40

For a 11:40 international flight they recommend being at the airport at 8:40.  You may need to get tested at the airport before you check in for the flight.  Not cheap but only takes about 15 minutes.  Royal is no longer doing these for free onboard but you can arrange to test outside the terminal for $99US.  Pretty tight connection - you probably want to carry your own luggage off the ship.

On 2/21/2022 at 12:54 PM, kimlet said:

Thanks

Everyone, including US fully vaccinated passengers, are struggling with these ridiculous protocols.

On 2/21/2022 at 3:24 PM, Joseph2017China said:

USA says one day, RCCL says two days.  So the answer is any time the day before your flight.  However, things could change on 2/25/2022 with regards to testing.  But the sad thing is, you will still need the test to fly to the USA.

I'm doing the reverse.  Flying to Canada, the day before the cruise.  Will take one test to handle both items.  Hopefully it will be more relaxed by May, but for now, one test for both.

You are aware that traveling to Candara requires PCR only correct? Antigen is not accepted.  

On 2/25/2022 at 12:21 PM, riekl said:

You are aware that traveling to Candara requires PCR only correct? Antigen is not accepted.  

That is changing at the end of this month.  As of March 1, Canada will start accepting antigen tests taken the day before entry.

Travellers will now have the option of using a COVID-19 rapid antigen test result (taken the day prior to their scheduled flight or arrival at the land border or marine port of entry) or a molecular test result (taken no more than 72 hours before their scheduled flight or arrival at the land border or marine port of entry) to meet pre-entry requirements. Taking a rapid antigen test at home is not sufficient to meet the pre-entry requirement – it must be authorized by the country in which it was purchased and must be administered by a laboratory, healthcare entity or telehealth service.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/news/2022/02/government-of-canada-lightens-border-measures-as-part-of-transition-of-the-pandemic-response.html

Edited by JessyCruises

On 2/21/2022 at 5:08 PM, kimlet said:

Have you looked into the antigen tests sold through Switch Health?  You could take it onboard on the final day of the cruise and use it to fly home (after Canada changes to allow antigens on 3/1).

2 hours ago, JessyCruises said:

Have you looked into the antigen tests sold through Switch Health?  You could take it onboard on the final day of the cruise and use it to fly home (after Canada changes to allow antigens on 3/1).

I did look into that but I don't usually get the internet