Refunds for cruises after April 30,2022 - new Protocols

We're looking at a Baltic cruise in May with a non-refundable $500 deposit.  I called RCCL and a very helpful rep gave me all kind of info I wasn't aware of.  He said that since Protocols are expiring at April 30, if we book for May cruise and don't like the new Protocols when they are announced for May, that we'd be able to get a full refund if we contact them within 30 days to cancel.  I thought that was reassuring but forgot to ask about the $500 non-refundable deposit. Would that be refunded or just issued with FCC?  He also mentioned waiving cancellation fees and if we cancelled outside of final payment we'd get that $500 in FCC.  I also leaned that final payments are not due until 30 days before cruise versus the normal 90 days.

1 hour ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

We're looking at a Baltic cruise in May with a non-refundable $500 deposit.  I called RCCL and a very helpful rep gave me all kind of info I wasn't aware of.  He said that since Protocols are expiring at April 30, if we book for May cruise and don't like the new Protocols when they are announced for May, that we'd be able to get a full refund if we contact them within 30 days to cancel.  I thought that was reassuring but forgot to ask about the $500 non-refundable deposit. Would that be refunded or just issued with FCC?  He also mentioned waiving cancellation fees and if we cancelled outside of final payment we'd get that $500 in FCC.  I also leaned that final payments are not due until 30 days before cruise versus the normal 90 days.

Sounds like they are easing out of their COVID related cancellation policies with this being announced in May.  I think what he told you about waiving the cancellation fee and getting an FCC was for a non-refundable booking.