advance reservation at a speciality restaurant

Slyfox16

We are trying to make a reservation, to take advantage of the reserved first-night special pricing, at either Muranos or the Lawn Club for our sailing in a month.However, it seemed almost all the times were already reserved.  I know that they normally hold some until you are on the ship, but then you can't get the advance first-night special price. Any suggestions on how to try and get a reservation?

8 hours ago, Slyfox16 said:

We are trying to make a reservation, to take advantage of the reserved first-night special pricing, at either Muranos or the Lawn Club for our sailing in a month.However, it seemed almost all the times were already reserved.  I know that they normally hold some until you are on the ship, but then you can't get the advance first-night special price. Any suggestions on how to try and get a reservation?

Book something now for a time available then go to the restaurant right when you board and ask to change the time. If nothing is available, you'll still have your discount. 

45 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

Book something now for a time available then go to the restaurant right when you board and ask to change the time. If nothing is available, you'll still have your discount. 

I second this advice.  On our recent cruise, there were NO discounts available the first 2 nights.  I was really surprised but then there are the laws of supply and demand.  Grab a time and then move it around once you get on the ship.   Remember that  many have OBC and are not going on tours and are spending it on Specialty Dining.  

With due respect, this same topic was discussed , I believe , twice in the past few weeks.

While my '' approach " was not well received by some CCers, perhaps you might like to try it:

As soon as you get on board, bypass the OV Café ( Slugfest on 14 ) and go straight to each Specialty restaurant and see what the Maitre'd can do for you. If nothing is available, ask him/she ( I love this political correctness stuff ) to take down your cabin number " in case " there is a cancellation .

With a subtle " smile  " he/she will get the message ( $$ ) and most likely you will receive a call.

IMO--- It's not a bribe as some on CC called it. It's all a part of how " business " is done  ( Thank You $$ ) ---- where I come from.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pinboy said:

With due respect, this same topic was discussed , I believe , twice in the past few weeks.

While my '' approach " was not well received by some CCers, perhaps you might like to try it:

As soon as you get on board, bypass the OV Café ( Slugfest on 14 ) and go straight to each Specialty restaurant and see what the Maitre'd can do for you. If nothing is available, ask him/she ( I love this political correctness stuff ) to take down your cabin number " in case " there is a cancellation .

With a subtle " smile  " he/she will get the message ( $$ ) and most likely you will receive a call.

IMO--- It's not a bribe as some on CC called it. It's all a part of how " business " is done  ( Thank You $$ ) ---- where I come from.

Right on, Pinboy.  My father and I used to show our appreciation $$$  to the pinboy at  the duckpin lanes when we arrived.  It seemed that pins used to fall by "chance".  That  message system does work.

On our Apex cruise, there were no discounts to be had at the Specialty Restaurants.  If I had a special occasion to celebrate, I would book before departing.  Or monitor how quickly the restaurants are filling up. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, zitsky said:

What I ended up doing is booking Tuscan Grille for first night at 8pm.  Then booked Murano on another night.

Anyone know if there are shows the first night?  That's why I booked TG at 8pm.

While we have not cruised in a while, they usually had a show : ( Same format every time )

The CD " bounces " on stage  ( " How many Canadians etc , etc do we have on board )? ( Roars follow ).

Then he/she introduced about 19 Department Heads ,plus the Chief Engineer , Head Chef ( He gets the loudest cheer ) and finally the Captain of the vessel  ( " We welcome you on board as Guests , will say good bye to you as Cargo ) and the crowd goes " wild " with laughter.

The CD then " chats up " the deals specifically for Celebrity Guests at the various ( expensive jewelry ) stores on the Islands and to mention that you are sailing on the " Whatever " ship you are on.  It is not a " Kickback " . It is a goodwill " Referral " fee to Celebrity.

( Celebrity does not have any " deals " set up for Guests at the stores that sell 4 Lacoste golf shirts for $ 20 or  Rolex watches for $125 ).

4 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

While we have not cruised in a while, they usually had a show : ( Same format every time )

The CD " bounces " on stage  ( " How many Canadians etc , etc do we have on board )? ( Roars follow ).

Then he/she introduced about 19 Department Heads ,plus the Chief Engineer , Head Chef ( He gets the loudest cheer ) and finally the Captain of the vessel  ( " We welcome you on board as Guests , will say good bye to you as Cargo ) and the crowd goes " wild " with laughter.

The CD then " chats up " the deals specifically for Celebrity Guests at the various ( expensive jewelry ) stores on the Islands and to mention that you are sailing on the " Whatever " ship you are on.  It is not a " Kickback " . It is a goodwill " Referral " fee to Celebrity.

( Celebrity does not have any " deals " set up for Guests at the stores that sell 4 Lacoste golf shirts for $ 20 or  Rolex watches for $125 ).

next time start your post with "SPOILER ALERT"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pinboy said:

You know, maybe if you wouldn't tell people about the whole show in advance, you might make more friends?  You just ruined my evening.  😁

• Haha 1

Expect to have a comedian who thinks his jokes are really funny.  Then the CD will ask if anyone wants him to have a late evening risqué  show.  About 10 of the 75  people left in the audience will scream "yes".  Then the CD will confirm the day, time and location. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, keesar said:

Expect to have a comedian who thinks his jokes are really funny.  Then the CD will ask if anyone wants him to have a late evening risqué  show.  About 10 of the 75  people left in the audience will scream "yes".  Then the CD will confirm the day, time and location. 

So, no more X rated hypnotist at midnight? 

4 minutes ago, zitsky said:

You know, maybe if you wouldn't tell people about the whole show in advance, you might make more friends?  You just ruined my evening.  😁

" you might make more friends?  You just ruined my evening.  😁

LOL-- Is that fair ? 

LOL--- Now that you know about the show , you can start a new Topic :

" Should I go to the crap show or enjoy a delicious meal at a Specialty restaurant " ????

That otta get ya 274 pages of comments and 64902 views .

10 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

" you might make more friends?  You just ruined my evening.  😁

LOL-- Is that fair ? 

LOL--- Now that you know about the show , you can start a new Topic :

" Should I go to the crap show or enjoy a delicious meal at a Specialty restaurant " ????

That otta get ya 274 pages of comments and 64902 views .

Nobody replies to my posts.  Been there, done that.  😭

8 minutes ago, Slyfox16 said:

Thanks for the suggestion. We booked Murano for the first night and will change the time when we get on board. I use the "New York" handshake when we want to do something and it is sold out

Did you get a time at 9pm?  I did so booked Murano for a later day.

16 hours ago, keesar said:

Few people are awake after 10 pm.

True --- Did you forget to include Celebrity Olympics ??

" Sleeping at the solarium pool --- daily between 2-4 pm ".

Whoever sleeps the longest without snoring wins. 

The current record is 2 minutes and 68 seconds .

• Haha 1

On 2/21/2022 at 10:08 PM, Slyfox16 said:

We are trying to make a reservation, to take advantage of the reserved first-night special pricing, at either Muranos or the Lawn Club for our sailing in a month. However, it seemed almost all the times were already reserved.  I know that they normally hold some until you are on the ship, but then you can't get the advance first-night special price. Any suggestions on how to try and get a reservation?

Something to consider with the reduced number of passengers on board. We were on Connie two cruises ago and ate at specialty venues every night of the 11 night cruise. On first night we were given a generic coupon good for 35% off of every meal. Worked in Tuscan, worked in Sushi on 5 and worked in Quisine. There was hardly anyone in the specialty venue every time we went (we eat early, usually 6:30 or 7)

Getting back on Connie 3/7 for an 11 night, will see if the coupon works again!