EU Covid Testing

Easterncommand

Some possible good news currently being reported in the Daily Mail today. The EU is meeting today to discuss the removal of entry testing within Europe for the fully vaccinated. Unfortunately restrictions will remain for the unvaccinated. However it is being stressed that this is a recommendation only and individual states can decide to keep testing. If adopted it is hoped that this will commence from the 1st March 2022. It is unclear if this will be for all countries or if some restrictions will remain. Now if only Regent would do the same to relieve the possible stress of failing a Covid test at the port. Safe and happy travels to all.

I just read on Delta Airlines that a Covid 19 Green Certificate is needed to enter Italy showing full vaccination "within 6 months" . A certificate of vaccination with a booster dose has no expiration. Can someone explain to me what full vaccination within 6 months means if your booster was taken 7 months before travel begins.

10 minutes ago, Avidtravler said:

I just read on Delta Airlines that a Covid 19 Green Certificate is needed to enter Italy showing full vaccination "within 6 months" . A certificate of vaccination with a booster dose has no expiration. Can someone explain to me what full vaccination within 6 months means if your booster was taken 7 months before travel begins.

I believe that if you only have the 2 shots, "full vaccination," you must be within 6 months of the second shot.  But if you've had the booster, there is no time limit.  So if you had the booster 7 months ago you're still good to go.  

Edited by papaflamingo

4 hours ago, Boatmans Lady said:

Hmmm I wonder if this will be for all

European countries or just members of the EU. 

Hi Boatlady,

The way I am reading this, it is relaxing the need for testing for fully vaccinated outside of the EU, however the papers slant is biased to UK tourists. Hopefully this will be a general rule for all fully vaccinated irrespective of country of origin. My understanding previous to this there was no requirement for testing of EU nationals to move between the various EU countries subject to being vaccinated. We are waiting with bated breath for the outcome.

17 hours ago, Easterncommand said:

Hi Boatlady,

The way I am reading this, it is relaxing the need for testing for fully vaccinated outside of the EU, however the papers slant is biased to UK tourists. Hopefully this will be a general rule for all fully vaccinated irrespective of country of origin. My understanding previous to this there was no requirement for testing of EU nationals to move between the various EU countries subject to being vaccinated. We are waiting with bated breath for the outcome.

I have read this morning that Italy will update on the 15th March, so that gives us 10 days. 

We are now getting organised, like confirming the cats stay in the cattery, getting some euros for incidentals, have brought some FFP2 masks as Italy requires them worn on flights and thinking about clothes. We are thinking layers. 

Beginning to believe this cruise will go 😀

6 hours ago, Boatmans Lady said:

I have read this morning that Italy will update on the 15th March, so that gives us 10 days. 

We are now getting organised, like confirming the cats stay in the cattery, getting some euros for incidentals, have brought some FFP2 masks as Italy requires them worn on flights and thinking about clothes. We are thinking layers. 

Beginning to believe this cruise will go 😀

Hi Boatlady,

Found this so it would seem that there would be only Regents test to jump through. I think We will be getting a PCR before leaving for Italy as it would be easier quarantining at home if testing positive. 
here’s a link to a statement regarding testing for Italy. https://www.itij.com/latest/news/italy-ease-covid-entry-requirements