Dinner in Costal Kitchen

10 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

So why  should someone get to eat in CK if they are not in a suite.  Maybe the person in the suite should join their friends in the Windjammer.  I pay good money for the ability to eat in the CK.  My dad always said "you get what you pay for".  Pay for a suite, get dinner in the Coastal Kitchen.

The answer is simple.  CK manager discretion to do things to enhance the experience of a suite guest.  If a suite guest asks for an accommodation to invite a friend and the manager decides there is space and allows it, who cares?   It is Royal’s choice.      

Same reason pinnacles used to be able to enjoy the SL and CK at will.  They often  weren’t suite guests, but Royal provided that perk. Royal can allow what they want and deny what they want.  

And a big reason to allow this is to entice guests to book a suite next time.  So it is smart business if there is space.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, earltonharley said:

Lovescats5,

If you go back and read my original post, I was asking if anyone has done this. No more, no less. It’s not about money, it’s not about supremacy, and it definitely isn’t about getting over on anyone or anything. I’m glad your father shared such insight with you. I’m sorry I asked a question on this thread. Your attitude stinks. 

I really think the point is you're asking a question that we really don't have the authority to answer. Your question needs to be addressed by RC. I don't care who eats where BUT if I'm booked in a Jr Suite & turned away from dinner at CK because your daughter & son in law are dining with you I may be a little unhappy. Best to keep it to yourself if it is allowed.

• Like 3

One of the things that makes this tricky is that availability in CK isn't quite constant. Adding a fourth person to three suite guests dining together doesn't "cost" them the same as needing an extra or larger table to accommodate the non-suite guest.

• Like 2