Millennium 1/8/06 to 1/22/06 - Don't shoot the messenger!

shaq

[quote name='Cruise or Lose!'][B][COLOR=seagreen]WeBeCruisin', attitude is everything.[/COLOR][/B][COLOR=seagreen]

[B]I LOVE cruising because I waited so long to be able to see the world. It was always my dream to travel, and now I'm finished with school (13 years of post-secondary education) and have a job that pays reasonably well and offers 4 weeks of vacation.[/B]

[B]I worked hard to EARN these magical moments at sea, and I don't see any reason to complain for no reason when I can be sitting by the pool with a drink in hand, watching the sunset, or visiting a wonderful museum chock-full of fascinating historical information.[/B]

[B]Somebody who's cruised 25 times, however, may have "been there, done that, overextended the credit card to pay for it", and therefore can't muster the same enthusiasm as a five-time cruiser like me.[/B]

[B]To whiners like the OP, I say, perhaps cruising isn't for you?[/B][/COLOR][/quote]

Hello Cruise or (perhaps) Lose,

congratulation on your education and having a job that is paying for all the efforts that went into your education.
I am very happy to see someone young like you to have all the enthusiasm not just for cruising but probably for many things in life......that is great and that is something to admire and follow.

This board is open to all of us: the young and the old, to all that did not cruise and to those that have 100 or more cruises in their past, to all the happy and enthusiastic people and to the ones that are just the opposite......all of us might have a different expectations and different outcome from the same cruise..........so without knowing anything about the OP.......all that I can do is just read what was provided by the OP and not to make comments about the person.
Who knows what you will think of your 20th or 60th cruise 30 or 40 years from now. Number of cruises and age of cruiser makes a difference too, not to mention state of health and mental attitude.
I think that this board is big enough to accept the great reviews as well as the negative ones......and it is up to me which one I value and learn something from each.
Wishing you, your Mom and "Grandma/ Aunt " happy sailing on your next cruise.

Wes

I too have sailed Celebrity 3 times over the past several years and just completed our last. The Constellation is a beautiful ship, in great condition and offers a wonderful environment for a cruise vacation. Many reviewers will rate it as a premium line vs the major lines (Princess, RCCL, Carnival, Costa, NCL). We love Celebrity, but please everyone, get your head's out of the sand, they were purchased by RCCL and are therefore operated accordingly. Theis cruises are still excellent, but not what they were. Either the others are raising the bar or Celebrity is lowering theirs. The food is NOT what it used to be. Their food was always a notch or two above the major lines but based on our last two experiences is no longer so. Princess in 2004 was not a step down from our main dining room experiences two weeks ago. Wake up and smell the coffee, these things happen and maybe just maybe, the company will get the problem rectified. After all, isn't that is what this website's venue is all about?

Just a note. Not only am I happy, not depressed and nor will you find in any of my posts an axe to grind, I am simply being honest. This is my opinion. I am not comparing Celebrity standards to be 3rd world or poor vs the other ships out there. What I am saying is that as enjoyable an experience as it was, it was not quite as good as what I expected.

[quote name='Nitrodog']We desperatly need a post from "newtoc" on this thread. Where are the police when you need them?[/quote]

Hello Nitrodog,

I sort of remember your very first reaction and post when you got your first 'advice' from newtoc........and now you are looking for him.
I miss him too and I do not see much of his posts anymore.
Thanks for your comments from your cruise - my third time on Constellation was in December and I also see a definite decline.....it did not bother me much but 'is it really a premium cruise line' ?

Wes

wes,

You really are the real thing. The first time I ran into newtoc I went balistic! Then the community came down on me and requested I "open my eyes and check him out before casting guilt". Well, I opologised to newtoc, ate some crow and every now and then did a search on him and read his comments just for the sake of laughter. He's still around- look for him and enjoy.

Celebrity is still excellent....but needs a bit of a boot in the ass.

Archived