Internet Speed on Carnival Miracle

Phamer55

Hi cruisers...Thinking about booking a cruise on Carnival Miracle, but I'll need to purchase the highest internet to do so some work and attend some meetings using Microsoft Teams.  I've recently cruised on the Carnival Panorama, and the speed was great and I was able to do my work and my meetings, but Miracle is an older ship.  Any one know have any recent experience?

I purchased the premium plan on Miracle last August on my Alaska cruise. They had a deal on premium which wasn’t much higher than value, so I took it.  I had no problem whatsoever, speeds were fast and it was reliable.  Guest Services sent around a notification that the day in Skagway the internet probably wouldn’t be working at all, but even on that day I had very good service.

Thank you for all the responses.  I'm going to be on Miracle in Alaska in May and I'm glad to hear the speeds were fast and reliable.  I can always work in quiet areas of the ship when I need internet if it's not good in my stateroom.

• 1 month later...

My recent Carnival experience has been just "ok" internet speed, I recall Carnival offers 2 speed plans, fast and faster, as I recall on Carnival Panorama in the past few months, faster was just ok. MSC Grandioso last week had amazing internet speed. Regal Princess this week has been horrible (Princess offers only a single speed plan, which has been very slow on 2 different Princess ships in the past 4 months). As I recall Carnival plans for 7 day cruises run about $100 and $130 for the fast and faster. I also recall purchasing prior to sailing had 20% +/- cost savings benefits. I purchased the Faster, and it was just ok, far slower than we are accustom to in USA households (MSC was amazing, comparable to USA household speed). 

I can only share my current experience on the Carnival Freedom. The Internet service is crap.

I purchased the Premium Plan.

Ive been testing all week. The best I’ve gotten is 0.030Mbps (that’s 30 kilobps) download speed with an Upload speed that is so bad the testing website times out. The latency or Ping is measured at 2.97 seconds. Not milliseconds, but whole damn seconds.

For reality purposes my expectations were somewhere around 3Mbps with a latency of 800 mS

Most ships connect to geostationary birds that are about 3 seconds away. Some internet providers use heo birds that are only about 500 miles above the earth at perigee, having a much shorter ping time than the stationary birds that are 22,500 miles away. It all depends on where the ship is, and the bird capable of handling your packets is located.