Hyatt Regency Miami

First-Due

We stayed at the Hyatt Downtown Miami 1 night pre-cruise. I got it on Priceline for $100. I thought this was a bargain as the Holiday Inn was going for $175. Hyatt was very nice for 1 night. The first room they gave us looked out over the downtown area. I called down and asked for a bay view room. They changed it with no problem. The room was clean and comfortable. We went to Bayside by taxi for dinner. Many people told us not to take the people mover at night. The next morning on our way to the port we had our taxi driver stop at the Walgreens for bottled water and pepsi to take on board the ship. Hope this helps. Meg

There was construction going on across the street diagonally but it honestly didn't bother us. They seemed to be on the last stages of tearing down a building at that time.

The bridge nearby can be noisy with traffic and when they are raising it to let boat traffic through, but again, it wasn't a big nuisance. We were only there one night.

We got to Bayside by walking, using the People Mover and taxis. All were fine; sometimes the People Mover entrances were a little isolated and made me feel a little nervous at night, but we were in a group, so wasn't too worried. We also had four small children with us; otherwise we would have walked it more--at least in the daytime. The more exercise the better before and after a cruise!

My husband and I stayed there just after Thanksgiving of 2005. The hotel was very nice. I thought the room was great and we got it online for $80. After reading other posts we requested a room not facing the water due to the noise from the bridge. The view from our balcony was not all that great but for one night the room really worked out well. We took the people mover over to the Marketplace and felt very safe doing this. We did not get back to the hotel until around 10:00 p.m. but no one bothered us. The cab ride to the port the next morning was under $25. We would do this again.

Has anybody stayed at the Hyatt Miami Regency recently? I have read some reviews on the property some good some bad. Just looking for some input. We are staying there for a pre-night before the cruise in March.

We're booked at the Hyatt Regency precruise on 03/25, and like you I've read some good reviews and some mediocre and a few horrendous ones too. But it doesn't sound too bad, and if they will change rooms to fix a problem it can't be all bad.

Besides, one night is only a few hours long, right?;)

When are you going to be there?

Marg

We're booked at the Hyatt Regency precruise on 03/25, and like you I've read some good reviews and some mediocre and a few horrendous ones too. But it doesn't sound too bad, and if they will change rooms to fix a problem it can't be all bad.

Besides, one night is only a few hours long, right?;)

When are you going to be there?

Marg

We are staying there March 24th. Like you said it's one night and it gets you there a night beofre your cruise!

stayed there 3 weeks ago for the second consecutive year. Boat show was in Miami so got a great rate of $135 (paid $50 last year on Priceline). Was given a corner room, which was enormous. Staff were very polite. No noise from the bridge (7th floor). Pool was lovely, warm, sunny.

Buffet breakfast was excellent, again with prompt service and wonderful attitude of the staff.

Taxi to Bayside was $5 - $6.

I would be happy to stay there again. I'm sure it will meet your needs.

Archived