1st time taking emed covid test

I am about to take the covid test for my upcoming cruise, now I read on here sometime ago, that people were having issues with showing their id's and a middle initial, and had to go back in the app and add the middle initial to their profile so it matched their id.  Is this still the case? ,or is it a simple first and last name?

35 minutes ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

I am about to take the covid test for my upcoming cruise, now I read on here sometime ago, that people were having issues with showing their id's and a middle initial, and had to go back in the app and add the middle initial to their profile so it matched their id.  Is this still the case? ,or is it a simple first and last name?

They want whatever name is on your ID to match the name on the Navica account.  It wasn't always that way but I think in December they started getting stricter about everything having the exact same name.  It could have been just some of the online proctors doing it or maybe it was a policy change by eMed.  So, if your ID has First name, middle name, last name, then that's what you want for the Navica account name.  

I should add that there is a trick to adding a middle name or initial in the Navica app. You add the middle name in the first name block since they have no block for middle name. 

Edited by Anton
Updated post

7 minutes ago, Anton said:

They want whatever name is on your ID to match the name on the Navica account.  It wasn't always that way but I think in December they started getting stricter about everything having the exact same name.  It could have been just some of the online proctors doing it or maybe it was a policy change by eMed.  So, if your ID has First name, middle name, last name, then that's what you want for the Navica account name.  

I should add that there is a trick to adding a middle name or initial in the Navica app. You add the middle name in the first name block since they have no block for middle name. 

ok thanks.. right now I have my first name and the middle initial which is what is on my id.