How does receiving future cruise credit affect a Cancel for any Reason policy?

If the cruise line is giving future cruise credit for a self-cancelled cruise, how does that affect a separate travel insurance policy's provision for cancel for any reason? 

I would have preferred a refund and to keep the money in my account until I was ready to rebook elsewhere.  Thank you for any information you can provide!

Edited by Levi is good

3 hours ago, Levi is good said:

If the cruise line is giving future cruise credit for a self-cancelled cruise, how does that affect a separate travel insurance policy's provision for cancel for any reason? 

I would have preferred a refund and to keep the money in my account until I was ready to rebook elsewhere.  Thank you for any information you can provide!

Hi Levi,

If you are cancelling the trip for a not-covered reason, and you have a policy with the cancel for any reason coverage, you may file a claim on your policy.

Which policy do you have?

There's another similar situation, that is good to know about: "Does Cancel For Any Reason Cover Me if the Travel Supplier Cancels My Trip?" I explained this on my Blog on 1/27/2022:

https://tripinsurancestore.com/blog/does-cancel-for-any-reason-cover-me-if-the-travel-supplier-cancels-my-trip/

Steve Dasseos

On 2/23/2022 at 5:19 PM, Levi is good said:

Thank you kindly for the information, it is appreciated.  I have a Travel Guard Preferred Policy with a Cancel for any reason add-on.  

Did you insure 100% of your prepaid and non-refundable trip costs including airfare if any?

If so, and you are able to get documentation from the cruise line that you are forfeiting the credit, you can claim the money you lost on your claim.

• 2 months later...
On 2/25/2022 at 6:41 PM, iamtrustworthy said:

If so, and you are able to get documentation from the cruise line that you are forfeiting the credit, you can claim the money you lost on your claim

Steve, we just went through 6 months of delays in getting our FCCs and refunds from Celebrity. We cancelled 48.5 hrs before departure  but (without telling us) they recorded the date wrong and treated our money as forfeited until we called and they admitted their mistake.

We now have a replacement cruise with insurance, including timely CFAR, purchased through you. If we wish to cancel that one, we won't want to cruise again, and wold not want FCCs.

How do we obtain documentation that we will not use, and therfore will forfeit, money covered by FCCs?

Thanks!

On 5/12/2022 at 8:39 AM, mayleeman said:

Steve, we just went through 6 months of delays in getting our FCCs and refunds from Celebrity. We cancelled 48.5 hrs before departure  but (without telling us) they recorded the date wrong and treated our money as forfeited until we called and they admitted their mistake.

We now have a replacement cruise with insurance, including timely CFAR, purchased through you. If we wish to cancel that one, we won't want to cruise again, and wold not want FCCs.

How do we obtain documentation that we will not use, and therfore will forfeit, money covered by FCCs?

Thanks!

Hi mayleeman,

I'm sorry about the delay answering you. Thanks for your business.

> How do we obtain documentation that we will not use, and therfore will forfeit, money covered by FCCs?

If you used a travel agent, ask them to get it for you.

If not, contact the cruise line to find out about the procedure.

Steve Dasseos