Caribbean Princess room layout

canuk05

Has anyone been on the Caribbean Princess in rooms E301,302,303 or 304. these are handicapp accessible with obstruced views. My husband transfer out of the left side of his chair. Need 3 feet on the left side of the bed. Pictures would be great.

Thanks

Have not been on this ship, but in my experience, if you have the room set up with the beds separated and against the opposite walls, with a large space in between this makes transfers and access to room features easier. Not as romantic, but certainly more practical. This is what we did recently on the Island Princess.

I have had a HC cabin on the Caribbean Princess. We had the beds configured as twins and there was plenty of room. If you had it configured as a queen there would be even more space. The bathrooms are really large and the chair can go right in the shower. There is a fold up seat in the shower.

Don't have a picture but we were in C304 (C302) would be the opposite. In C304 the bed is facing toward the front of the ship, making the left side of the bed face the sliding glass door. Although there is room for a wheel chair on both sides of the bed...the electricy is across from the foot of the bed at a desk on the far wall. The bathroom is to the right of the bed. But there is enough room for a wheel chair, motorized wheel chair or scooter on both sides of the bed. Princess used to have a picture of a disabled room on their web site. It isn't on Caribbean Princess any more, but maybe its on a sister ship...check and see...sorry no pictures. I hope this helped.

We were in E302 in May 2004 and had the beds together. There was plenty of space on both sides of the bed. My husband used the left (if you are facing the wall) because of the extra space. He doesn't transfer into a wheelchair but needs the extra space to get up and found that he could use the cabin chair as a support on that side. This is also the side with the window. The obstructed view in this cabin is very minimal. It is only partially obstructed by the lifeboat. We still had plenty of light and a good view.

If I can figure out how to post pictures I will. We had no complaints about the cabin, the crew or the ship.

Happy sailing

Connie

We have not been on ther Caribbean Princess; however we have found in most ships that you can shift the bed over to make enough room. Of course, it sometimes means that the nightstand on the other side needs to be removed, but it works.

We set them up as a Queen, but if you need the twin configueration...I'm sure you can ask to have just a little space between the beds...but even twin configueration (which I saw in another cabin, disabled) there is still enough room! Those beds can be moved around...honest, I don't think you will have any trouble. Hope this helps.

I was in room E223 on 2/11. Even though the view is obstructed you can see the water.

There is enough room on the right side.. But you really need to call the ship and ask.

The Emerald Deck is really nice but if you are up front be prepared to walk a ways to the Aft dining room like the Palm Garden.

Archived