NCL Mastercard points

barb65

17 minutes ago, hallux said:

Have you checked the sticky thread?

You can also just try calling customer service, you would have gotten an answer in less than the 3 hours it was before I replied...

I highly doubt they would want to peruse through a 200 page thread that started in 2007.  lol

4 hours ago, barb65 said:

Can NCL Mastercard points be applied towards a cruise final payment?

World Points accumulated on an NCL branded Master Card can be used as On Board Credit at a rate of $100 per 10,000 points.  You also can use 30,000 points to upgrade a stateroom from an Inside to an Ocean View or from an Ocean View to a Balcony.  I do not believe that the points can be converted to a credit which can be applied toward cruise fare.

19 hours ago, kjquilts said:

Here is link to NCL Worldpoints credit card benefit information .....

https://www.ncl.com/world-points

As you can see from the list, points can be used for any number of things including $$ off cruise or onboard credit or various upgrade options.

Thank you for posting this.  It has been so long since I had looked it up that I had forgotten it is possible to redeem points for cash off the price of cruise fare.  Using it that way, either for OBC or for a reduced fare price, it amounts to a penny a point.  You get $100 for 10,000 points, $150 off for 15,000 points, etc.  We always have chosen to use our points in a more beneficial way, by trading in 30,000 points at a time for a single level stateroom upgrade or 60,000 points for a double upgrade from Inside to Balcony.  You can use them for a upgrade on a cruise of any duration, regardless of the price differential between Inside and Ocean View, or OV to Balcony.  On some longer cruises the price difference can be over $1000 per person, so that could be a savings of more than $2000 per 30,000 points, or about seven cents per point.  Our upgrades usually have worked out to be about four or five cents per point, but one time the price difference was so much that it amounted to almost a dime per point.

1 hour ago, The Traveling Man said:

Thank you for posting this.  It has been so long since I had looked it up that I had forgotten it is possible to redeem points for cash off the price of cruise fare.  Using it that way, either for OBC or for a reduced fare price, it amounts to a penny a point.  You get $100 for 10,000 points, $150 off for 15,000 points, etc.  We always have chosen to use our points in a more beneficial way, by trading in 30,000 points at a time for a single level stateroom upgrade or 60,000 points for a double upgrade from Inside to Balcony.  You can use them for a upgrade on a cruise of any duration, regardless of the price differential between Inside and Ocean View, or OV to Balcony.  On some longer cruises the price difference can be over $1000 per person, so that could be a savings of more than $2000 per 30,000 points, or about seven cents per point.  Our upgrades usually have worked out to be about four or five cents per point, but one time the price difference was so much that it amounted to almost a dime per point.

We also use our points for stateroom upgrades rather than the other options.