MSC CRUISES USA Poor Customer Service, failure to issue refunds …. Here is where to complain

steveywtc

Poor Customer Service, failure to issue refunds MSC CRUISES USA …. Here is where to complain

Consumer Affairs & Dispute Resolution Services (CADRS)of the Federal Maritime Commission

https://www.fmc.gov/databases-services/consumer-affairs-dispute-resolution-services/

BBB Serving Southeast Florida & the Caribbean

https://www.bbb.org/local-bbb/bbb-serving-southeast-florida-and-the-caribbean

The State of Florida Attorney General’s Office

http://myfloridalegal.com/Contact.nsf/Contact?OpenForm&Section=Consumer_Protection_Division

The Federal Trade Commission

https://www.econsumer.gov/english/#crnt

Your credit card company to dispute the charges

Your travel agent to dispute the charges

Email: MSCExistingReservations@msccruisesusa.com and Denisse.Storti.consultant@msccruisesusa.com

• Thanks 1

I usually email MSCExistingReservations first.  Explaining what my situations were, and state nicely but firmly what I wish MSC would do.  So far, I've gotten everything I'd asked for from MSC.  Getting pricing errors corrected, discounts applied, and refunds.  MSC may take some time (longest was 3 weeks between my initial email to resolution, with weekly follow-up emails), but they did resolve my concerns.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Selion said:

I usually email MSCExistingReservations first.  Explaining what my situations were, and state nicely but firmly what I wish MSC would do.  So far, I've gotten everything I'd asked for from MSC.  Getting pricing errors corrected, discounts applied, and refunds.  MSC may take some time (longest was 3 weeks between my initial email to resolution, with weekly follow-up emails), but they did resolve my concerns.

Your lucky!

I have 29 sr numbers since September. No resolution and that's on multiple issues.

21 hours ago, ChC said:

Please post your compliant handling and experience here. I am very interested to learn.

Refund of $150 for port fees and taxes was requested 5 months ago for a no show passenger. MSC gave me the same old song “2 billing cycles”. To date… no refund. The customer service at this cruise line is horrendous!

It took us over14 months to get our FCC from a cancelled 2020 cruise.  As Diamond members we were surprised by the delay. We went through (1) multiple phone conversations with agents, (2) many emails to MSCExistingReservations (for which I received the initial auto response of how important my email was to MSC but never received any sort of follow up response), (3) at least 5 "supposed" escalations to a supervisor, (4) the BBB (waste of time), and (5) our credit card company  (too late to file a complaint because it came too long after the initial purchase).  Finally, a kindly senior supervisor in the MSC central office took pity on us - or tired of our pestering - called us back and processed the credit.  We quickly applied it to a 2022 cruise.  Then, seven months later, we noticed that the price of that 2022 cruise had dropped significantly.  Since the final payment date was still months away, I called MSC to inquire about the possibility of any sort of adjustment and was given pricing information that differed from what was on the MSC website. I gave up.  Of course, we will take the booked cruise at the price we paid but are re-thinking future cruises on MSC.  That's too bad.  We truly love the MSC shipboard experience but our dealings with the central office since 2020 have been so exasperating that we've developed a negative attitude toward the company.  Gotta let it go...

Edited by Bluewake
  • Like 1

Its not just MSC - Princess did not refund me for 14 months despite me ringing them and hounding them.  I think (and I know people who did) too many people took a refund and then applied for a credit from their credit card company.  I know personally someone who did this and got their $20,000+ refunded twice.  So ontop of a disastrous time for the cruise companies they are also suffering further financial losses through unscrupulous conduct of their clients.

Edited by Janet&Carl

We love MSC, and we're booked on the Seashore in May. That will be our last cruise with them. I'm so tired with trying to deal with the office. It just isn't worth it to me. I'll stick with RCCL, Celebrity, and princess. maybe give HAL a try. After 23 cruises, I don't need the B.S. from MSC.

• Like 1