SPLENDOR or SPIRIT to Alaska?

b8nkr

Alaska is much more about the scenery and ports than the ship or even cruise line. Research the ports to find excursions that interest you, then pick a ship that spends the most time in those ports.   I booked Splendor on May 2 because of the itinerary and long days in Skagway and Juneau. I also sailed on Splendor previously and enjoyed it. 

8 hours ago, JT1962 said:

Alaska is much more about the scenery and ports than the ship or even cruise line. Research the ports to find excursions that interest you, then pick a ship that spends the most time in those ports.   I booked Splendor on May 2 because of the itinerary and long days in Skagway and Juneau. I also sailed on Splendor previously and enjoyed it. 

I'll be there as well on May 2nd (same cruise) if this broken ankle that I got four days ago in bonaire on the horizon heals up. Don't do the windsurfing in 3 feet of water. Not worth it! 

Spirit Class ship over Splendor every time.  An Alaska trip needs to look at ports and excursions.  

Spirit class ships are the least crowded ships in the Carnvial fleet.  Thats why I prefer them over any others.

• Like 1

Off topic, sorry, but I have searched and searched and can't find an answer.  We are booked on Spirit in July (happy to see the positive votes) and I am wondering if a 10:30 am return flight is doable?  Thank you for any info.

11 hours ago, ilovesparky13 said:

What does that even mean?

I see skiorcruise clarified what I was saying but yes that's exactly it.  I like the newer ships / RCL ships that's layout is where there is one central promenade and "most" restaurants, theaters, shops etc are all off that promenade...kind of like a mall feel.  The Splendor is not like that, you can need to go up or down a deck to get to most places, it has a cut up feel to me, similar to two different 2000 sqft homes where one has an open layout vs. one having all 9x9 rooms, thought the same size a very different feel.

13 hours ago, famof4togo said:

I see skiorcruise clarified what I was saying but yes that's exactly it.  I like the newer ships / RCL ships that's layout is where there is one central promenade and "most" restaurants, theaters, shops etc are all off that promenade...kind of like a mall feel.  The Splendor is not like that, you can need to go up or down a deck to get to most places, it has a cut up feel to me, similar to two different 2000 sqft homes where one has an open layout vs. one having all 9x9 rooms, thought the same size a very different feel.

Ohhhhh. The Radiance was like that lower decks. Wasn’t a fan of that.