Bliss current occupancy

TNhome

Just wondering if anyone has any insight as to the current capacity the Bliss is sailing under.  I count about 200 open rooms on our March 6 sailing but I do not know if they have opened all rooms for occupancy.  We've been spoiled with the lower occupancy rates but do realize at some point they will be opening back up to sailing at full capacity.

4 minutes ago, Starflyr3 said:

I called ncl and asked out our cruise (epic) and they told me ~55% for 3/13

maybe try calling?

NCL would not have an accurate headcount.  They will how many people are scheduled to be on a cruise, but there may not be that many boarding.  Final figures are give to the General Manager and the Captain just a few minutes before the scheduled sailing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TNhome said:

Just wondering if anyone has any insight as to the current capacity the Bliss is sailing under.  I count about 200 open rooms on our March 6 sailing but I do not know if they have opened all rooms for occupancy.  We've been spoiled with the lower occupancy rates but do realize at some point they will be opening back up to sailing at full capacity.

The NCL website will only display the 15ish "best" rooms in each class. So counting room is kinda pointless. 

If there were only 200 rooms open, then the ship would be sailing at 90% capacity,,, which is not the case. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

I will also be on the 3/6 sailing of the Bliss.  I called NCL a couple of weeks ago about a booking question.  While I was speaking to the representative, I also inquired if the ship was going to be booked at full capacity due to Covid.   She made it sound as if they were limiting capacity to 50 or 60 percent across all ships for the near short term.   Given the significant easing of Covid restrictions over the past two weeks, it seems logical they will be booking at 100 percent very soon.   

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The NCL website will only display the 15ish "best" rooms in each class. So counting room is kinda pointless. 

If there were only 200 rooms open, then the ship would be sailing at 90% capacity,,, which is not the case. 

That used to be the case with the old website. New website is different. I checked for my sailing on Bliss 4/3.  There are 644 rooms available shown.  It's very tedious to add them all up as you need to click and scroll on each deck, then fore, mid and aft sections.  That's in addition to each category: inside, balcony, club balcony, etc.  I'm not saying this is totally accurate, just different than the old website.

Edited by davencl

Passenger count is increasing as more people are feeling more comfortable sailing and safety protocols are being reduced. Plus, spring break dates are approaching. Plus, folks will have spring fever soon as spring weather begins to tease us of warmer weather days, lol. Sail ASAP if you want low numbers.  The good days of low passenger counts will be gradually sinking away.  😩😟

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just off the Bliss this a.m.  We had approximately 1700 onboard they say it will be increasing weekly.  The ship leaving today was to have about 1800 with lots of kids onboard.  Nothing felt crowded but I cannot imagine it having 4000 guest onboard.  So glad we tried it at this time. I agree sail ASAP! Most shows were filled and you could not get in without a reservation.  That being said we did not make any reservations until we were onboard for both entertainment and dinner.

• 2 months later...

I was on the 5/21/22 sailing of the Bliss and I was told we had 2500 passengers.  It felt like the least crowded ship I have ever been on.  Not totally empty but pretty easy to get an elevator most of the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Just off Bliss 6/4 sailing. Haven Concierge said 3000 passengers. Not sure how many crew

I know some crew were sick. We were on board during safety drill for crew on a port day Announcement said all crew report to safety stations EXCEPT those confined to cabins. Also, our room steward disappeared, asked Judy head of housekeeping where he was, she said he had tonsillitis, and we all know covid starts with a sore throat for most people.