On Seashore now, Feb 26 - Mar 12 NOT YC, any questions

ready2cruzagain

On Seashore for 2 weeks right now. Loving it. In steerage, no YC here. Yesterday was stressful trying to get on the ship, just having to do all that is requred.   They still tested at the port. 

Last night they removed the social distancing signs from the chairs. You can sit at the bars, at all chairs in venues.  We were even seated at a table for 7 in MDR. Only 2 others showed up and they requested a table by themselves.

If you have any questions I will try to answer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Greetings from the UK - I asked this question on another thread but didn't quite get the answer I am looking for...

I'm aware that the 'easy' drink package has 'house' spirits only but what I specifically wanted to know was is there a 'house' version of different types of the same spirit - for example, both white and dark rum or bourbon and scotch whiskey - would appreciate you checking for me!

Kind Regards

Dave

19 minutes ago, dwade1901 said:

Greetings from the UK - I asked this question on another thread but didn't quite get the answer I am looking for...

I'm aware that the 'easy' drink package has 'house' spirits only but what I specifically wanted to know was is there a 'house' version of different types of the same spirit - for example, both white and dark rum or bourbon and scotch whiskey - would appreciate you checking for me!

Kind Regards

Dave

I will see what I can find out

24 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

INFINTY-WHIRLPOOL-DECK-8.jpg

Do you know how deep the "side" pools are?

The 2 side pools are actually hot tubs. They are only about 2 1/2 feet deep. Spent alot of time there on my cruise a couple of weeks ago. 😊

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cherylnj said:

The 2 side pools are actually hot tubs. They are only about 2 1/2 feet deep. Spent alot of time there on my cruise a couple of weeks ago. 😊

Thanks. 

900x690-Infinity-Beach_Wide.jpg

I'm trying to compare the Seashore/Seascape side tubs to NCL's Prima/Viva side "tubs". Since both ships are based on Project Mille, I'm wondering how the 2 ships deal with the weight.  MSC's are larger/heavier but the ship is also larger. 

• Like 1

Looking forward to your thoughts!

I am curious about ports in regards to opening up non-cruise-ship excursion options.

We are not huge fans of sponsored excursions (other than the bonus of not being left behind if running late), but were hoping to get off the ship to do shopping for crew members. 

As a former cruise MD, I know how important it is to get off the ship even for a few hours to get basic necessities - laundry detergent, snacks, socks, hose, etc. We were hoping to hit the local drug stores / markets to go shopping for crew members who can't leave the ship due to covid regulations but understand from other posters that this is not an option at least in Jamaica. 

I know things are changing all the time, but I appreciate any insight. 

Warmest, Amy

We are on Seashore next week. I'm really interested in seeing how many people will be on the ship with us. Selfishly, we are hoping for a lower capacity. I'm glad to hear that they are lightening up on social distancing a bit and we can sit at a bar to grab a drink. 

Strange question, but how are the elevators? I know they have that new system. Are they crowded? Are the waits long?

Also, if you get a chance, could you post schedules and/or menus? 

Enjoy your cruise!! 

• Like 1

Hello, 

The embarkation how long did it take you?

What time were you allowed in your cabin?

Has the captain announced how many passengers?

Are cabins being cleaned only once a day? (I heard you have to specify day or night service).

Are all shows a go? (I heard there were cancellations)

Enjoy your cruise!! We are sailing on the next one March 5th 🥰

7 hours ago, mreic082 said:

We are on Seashore next week. I'm really interested in seeing how many people will be on the ship with us. Selfishly, we are hoping for a lower capacity. I'm glad to hear that they are lightening up on social distancing a bit and we can sit at a bar to grab a drink. 

Strange question, but how are the elevators? I know they have that new system. Are they crowded? Are the waits long?

Also, if you get a chance, could you post schedules and/or menus? 

Enjoy your cruise!! 

The elevators on the Seashore are great. I love that you select your destination from outside versus inside the elevator. No, not crowded. But, if you are ever in that situation, it's easy peasy to just exit and get on a different elevator. 

4 hours ago, Reenie75 said:

Hello, 

The embarkation how long did it take you?

What time were you allowed in your cabin?

Has the captain announced how many passengers?

Are cabins being cleaned only once a day? (I heard you have to specify day or night service).

Are all shows a go? (I heard there were cancellations)

Enjoy your cruise!! We are sailing on the next one March 5th 🥰

Wow, that rumor (I guess) that we have to specify day or night cabin  service is funny. I was just on the Seashore. My cabin was certainly serviced twice a day. 

Hope you have a great cruise next week. Love the Seashore! Great staff for sure. 

18 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

On Seashore for 2 weeks right now. Loving it. In steerage, no YC here. Yesterday was stressful trying to get on the ship, just having to do all that is requred.   They still tested at the port. 

Last night they removed the social distancing signs from the chairs. You can sit at the bars, at all chairs in venues.  We were even seated at a table for 7 in MDR. Only 2 others showed up and they requested a table by themselves.

If you have any questions I will try to answer.

Enjoy your cruise!  I watched you leave on Port Miami webcam this Saturday.

We are on Seashore on April 30 in regular non-YC so would very much appreciate any MDR menus and dailies that you can share.  Also have a couple random questions:

• Food Q:  Are there free snacks in any of the bars/lounges?  Maybe in Champagne/Wine/Sky Bar?  We have the Easy Plus package if that makes any difference.  On both Divina and Meraviglia we found free snacks in the plaza and in the top sky bar (Divina was by far the best, including free sports bar food!).  Is there anything similar in any of the bars or lounges or is the only casual snack option the buffet?
  • Coffee/Drinks Q:  I've seen several menus with some fancy chocolate and coffee drinks (Bailey's Coffee, After Eight Hot Chocolate, etc.), is any of that available and included with a drinks package?  We had a drinks package on Megaviglia but we told that there were no specialty coffees anywhere as it is only for European sailings, but apparently on Seaside there was a "secret" bar to get them?
  • Ocean Cay Q:  We would like to book a kayak or two for a few hours to explore on our own.  I see that there is a "package" of kayak rental for 1 hour for $29.  What is included in this "package", and is this $29 per hour or however long you want to use it?  I am confused since it has both "package" and "hour" listed, and, well, it's MSC so you never know what you get lol.  Same for wave runner 1.5 hour rental:  can't figure out if it's on your own or if you have to follow someone in a line as an "excursion"?
  • San Juan Q:  Does the ship dock at the Old San Juan docks (near old town) or the new ones a couple miles away?  I.e., can you walk into town or do you need a cab from the docks?

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and have a wonderful vacation!!

Finally a non-YC thread! 😁

Wow.  Some really-specific questions here (some of which I think are easily found via Uncle Google).  Please don't spend your entire 2 weeks trying to run down so many details (although you did ask!).

I don't have any questions.  I've looked at everything I could find online already.  I expect my sailing (Easter week) will have many more pax, and too many kids for my taste, which is why I "splurged" on a balcony cabin where I can retreat there if needed.

She's way, way more ship than I like, but the date was what I wanted and I had an FCC.  I'm sure I'll enjoy myself, anyway, despite the number of pax.  I'll get in plenty of steps on a ship that size.  I usually take the stairs the entire cruise (gotta work off some of those calories), but I'm not sure I can make it up that many decks.  At least she's big enough that I can break up the climb.  Go up 4 decks, walk along and catch my breath, go up another 4 decks, repeat as needed.

Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

Finally a non-YC thread! 😁

Wow.  Some really-specific questions here (some of which I think are easily found via Uncle Google).  Please don't spend your entire 2 weeks trying to run down so many details (although you did ask!).

I don't have any questions.  I've looked at everything I could find online already.  I expect my sailing (Easter week) will have many more pax, and too many kids for my taste, which is why I "splurged" on a balcony cabin where I can retreat there if needed.

She's way, way more ship than I like, but the date was what I wanted and I had an FCC.  I'm sure I'll enjoy myself, anyway, despite the number of pax.  I'll get in plenty of steps on a ship that size.  I usually take the stairs the entire cruise (gotta work off some of those calories), but I'm not sure I can make it up that many decks.  At least she's big enough that I can break up the climb.  Go up 4 decks, walk along and catch my breath, go up another 4 decks, repeat as needed.

Enjoy your cruise.

I had to laugh when I read this.  Please, no offense. Reading this made me happy. We can now really talk about cruising whereas we could not before. 

We are going on SEASHORE in July.

Enjoy your cruise. Walk all that good of. 

Our cruise in May is in the Oasis OTS B2B. Now that is a big ship with a lot of walking.  LOL.

Stay Safe and Happy Cruising! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mlbdude said:

Here is the menu for specialty coffee from the merigvilia that is included in the easy plus package.  I am also hoping for a bar on seashore that offers similar.

56DECDDF-FA6D-4A37-BD86-52D3D833F982.jpeg

Thank you!  Do you recall which bar it was on Mera, the main in front of the galleria?

I was hoping for this on Seashore as well - and also the "Irish Coffee" and "Baileys Coffee" type of drinks.  Although I suppose I could always get a shot and dump it in coffee myself. 😉  I have read somewhere that only one bar had these specialty "coffee delights" on Seaside, but pretty sure that was a European sailing.

Sorry,I am on my kindle and it ran surcharge yesterday. Elegant night last night. Dress recommendation was elegant. It was about 50\50, everything from tuxedos and gowns to shirts and flip flops.  Dinner was good even though was not an elegant meal to me. They have substituted the duck with pork tenderloin. We had the strip. Cooked to perfection and great taste. Grand Cayman has been replaced with a sea day and we received $50 obc.

22 hours ago, dwade1901 said:

Kind Regards

Dave

From what I can find out there is no house brand for the spirits.