What under Deck 8 Discovery Mini suites 700's?

Seacreature101

Love my mini's on Deck 8 on many Princess ships.  Planning for future sailing.  I don't mind the club underneath as has always been pretty quiet in past and especially for Alaska sailing as this is.  I usually have a straight down shot of the water and I don't see that on this ship.  I love the fully covered and being close to the water.  Is whatever it is in the photo going to be bothersome?  Could be walkout from Vista Lounge, but looks like there is some kind of crew stuff/equipment from what I could tell.  What do you see or know if you have sailed on this class ship previously?  Thanks for your input.  My eyes are crossed from looking at so many different other options.

Straight down look will see the promenade deck patio and some life craft. These appear to be covered balconies from cabins on deck 9. Design of royal class ships is different from the grand class you refer to where the aft minis on deck 8 are the only minis with covered balconies.

• 2 weeks later...

I’d also like info on the Discovery Princess aft corner Marina deck if anyone will be sailing before us on May 22. We were switched from Dolphin to Marina and I’m hoping we are not under a smoking area. Or if it were to matter at all. I’m wondering if the balcony is covered very much and if it’s windy that high up.