Favorite items in each speciality restaurant?

While I have cruised before with MrCatLady, this upcoming April on the Allure, I will be with my other partner, MxCatLady. They have never cruised before (they’ve never even been to the Atlantic before!) and this will be my first time in 2 years (am immuno compromised so wanted to wait till after my 4th shot), so I splurged and got us the UDP for our April 10th Allure cruise.

However, unlike me (celiac GF and vegetarian) MxCatLady eats everything but almonds, veal, cephalopods, and raw onions. So while I have usually at max two or three items I can order at each place, the world is their oyster. Would love to know what your favorite apps, entrees, and desserts are at each of the specialty restaurants (Chops, Sabor, Giovanni’s, Izumi, 150 Central Park, Johnny Rockets). 

thank you!

Here are my thoughts, in no particular order.  Some things are my favorites, others are enjoyed by me and my family.

My favorite restaurant on Allure is 150 Central Park.  I love the beet salad as well as the crispy pork belly for appetizers.  My entree of choice is Lobster Thermidor. My family enjoys the sliced tenderloin, even though it is not sliced at the table.  The chocolate peanut butter tart for dessert is delish!

I think Giovanni's has excellent steak.  I also like the pasta carbonara, but do not like the egg on top, so I order it without the egg. My family likes the lasagna at dinner.  

Samba is not as good as it was pre-covid in that the area that had veggies has been removed and now a limited choice dish of veggies are served as is the salad.  I know I can pick and choose salad items and there is someone who puts them into a small glass bowl, but I was encouraged to order the already prepared salads.

Hibachi is good and I enjoyed the lobster and filet.  It was tasty and worth the small uncharge.  My family usually orders the filet.  None of us like the mochi green tea.  My fav is the mango so I ask for all mango.

We do go to Sabor for lunch on embarkation day.  I usually get a quesadilla and tried the Yucca fries last cruise.  They were surprisingly good.  We were given a dessert sample of sorts.  It was quite good.  I do enjoy the guac and chips there too.  Once I ordered the tortilla soup and it was tasty.  My family orders tacos usually.  None of them are guac people!

There is just a lot of food with the UDP.  On sea days we don't eat breakfast, and even having a lightish lunch, such as a salad at Chops or burger at Giovanni's, when it comes to dinner, we don't usually order an app or 2, entree and dessert.  

Chops is one place I do order an app, many times it's the mushroom soup or salad.  I like the filet with a baked potato or the asparagus.  Dessert there is something I can take or leave.  Sweets are not necessarily something that interest me. Chops is the family fav and we usually end up having dinner 3 nights.

No one I travel with eats sushi, so Izumi itself if not a restaurant we have ever visited.

We will be back on Allure in June and all are looking forward to the UDP.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

Here are my thoughts, in no particular order.  Some things are my favorites, others are enjoyed by me and my family.

My favorite restaurant on Allure is 150 Central Park.  I love the beet salad as well as the crispy pork belly for appetizers.  My entree of choice is Lobster Thermidor. My family enjoys the sliced tenderloin, even though it is not sliced at the table.  The chocolate peanut butter tart for dessert is delish!

I think Giovanni's has excellent steak.  I also like the pasta carbonara, but do not like the egg on top, so I order it without the egg. My family likes the lasagna at dinner.  

Samba is not as good as it was pre-covid in that the area that had veggies has been removed and now a limited choice dish of veggies are served as is the salad.  I know I can pick and choose salad items and there is someone who puts them into a small glass bowl, but I was encouraged to order the already prepared salads.

Hibachi is good and I enjoyed the lobster and filet.  It was tasty and worth the small uncharge.  My family usually orders the filet.  None of us like the mochi green tea.  My fav is the mango so I ask for all mango.

We do go to Sabor for lunch on embarkation day.  I usually get a quesadilla and tried the Yucca fries last cruise.  They were surprisingly good.  We were given a dessert sample of sorts.  It was quite good.  I do enjoy the guac and chips there too.  Once I ordered the tortilla soup and it was tasty.  My family orders tacos usually.  None of them are guac people!

There is just a lot of food with the UDP.  On sea days we don't eat breakfast, and even having a lightish lunch, such as a salad at Chops or burger at Giovanni's, when it comes to dinner, we don't usually order an app or 2, entree and dessert.  

Chops is one place I do order an app, many times it's the mushroom soup or salad.  I like the filet with a baked potato or the asparagus.  Dessert there is something I can take or leave.  Sweets are not necessarily something that interest me. Chops is the family fav and we usually end up having dinner 3 nights.

No one I travel with eats sushi, so Izumi itself if not a restaurant we have ever visited.

We will be back on Allure in June and all are looking forward to the UDP.

Thank you! Super helpful 💜

• Like 1

I'd agree with pretty much everything @katiel53said above.  One difference is that we have decided that Chops isn't for us.  Too many bad service/food experiences at Chops on Allure/Harmony/Oasis.  

We will be sailing in April to celebrate our 25th anniversary and have decided we will go to 150 Park for the actual date, as well as one other night.  We will hit Giovanies a couple of times, mostly for pasta.  Agree about leaving the egg off the carbonara.  

• Like 1