Very late arrival (or early....I guess!)

andie717

We are arriving in FLL at 1:35 am.  Our cruise departs later that day from Miami.  Hotel prices are...HORRENDOUS.  Especially as we will not be there very long.  Does anyone have any safe, clean, LESS EXPENSIVE options between FLL and Miami?  Should we just head to the beach with our luggage and sleep under the stars (kidding, not kidding...)?  Currently I have Hotel Dello for $260, and a Hampton Inn in Miami for $350.  The prices for just a few hours of sleep make me want to vomit, but also want something clean and safe.  Any other thoughts/ideas/suggestions???

Thanks!

We fly out of Chicago Friday night, the 18th.  Arrive Saturday, March 19th.  All the hotels by FLL seem to either be really expensive or have scary reviews!  😬

Maybe just Uber to the beach and sleep under the stars?  (Kidding...)

15 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Roadway Inn is a basic hotel good for a few hours of sleep and a shower.  Let them know that you will not arrive until after about 2:00 and ask for a late check out

Thanks for the suggestion, but even that one is $300!  

3 hours ago, Colorado Buffalo said:

How does this work ? Does the hotel say you are checking in as if it's Friday though you won't 

be at a hotel till probably 2:30 a.m. on Sat ?

You would book for an arrival of Friday and let the hotel know it will be a late checkin time.

Sorry, welcome to spring break time in South Florida. It's always like that. 

There are plenty of rates that are coming in well  under $300 on Hotwire for that date though. Did you check there? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OttoCal said:

Sorry, welcome to spring break time in South Florida. It's always like that. 

There are plenty of rates that are coming in well  under $300 on Hotwire for that date though. Did you check there? 

I did, I guess I'm just fearful of not "knowing" what we'd get.  But I'll keep my eye on it.