NCL disembarkation transportation / tour thoughts

go4ak

Are there taxis available at the port when you disembark the Pride of America?

I read somewhere that you have to walk (with luggage) for about a 1/2 mile to reach taxis.

We are trying to figure out if we can take a taxi to our hotel and start a hop on hop bus tour or...

Take a disembarkation excursion with airport drop off and then take a taxi from the airport to our hotel.

Any opinions?     

Thanks.

2 hours ago, go4ak said:

Are there taxis available at the port when you disembark the Pride of America?

I read somewhere that you have to walk (with luggage) for about a 1/2 mile to reach taxis.

We are trying to figure out if we can take a taxi to our hotel and start a hop on hop bus tour or...

Take a disembarkation excursion with airport drop off and then take a taxi from the airport to our hotel.

Any opinions? 

Just use Uber or Lyft in Honolulu, especially for such a short trip to (what I assume to be) a Waikiki hotel. It's a lot easier than hoping there will be a local taxi when getting off a ship with thousands of passengers at the same time. 

The walk isn't any longer than many walks on piers. I would not say it is a  half mile, more like 500 yards or so.

There is not a decent Hop On Hop Off bus in Honolulu. If you want a tour, I'd consider engaging Charley's Taxi for one of their tours. Whether or not you go to your hotel first is up to you. I'd contact Charley's and see what they recommend.

8 hours ago, scottca075 said:

There is not a decent Hop On Hop Off bus in Honolulu. 

Would you consider the Waikiki Trolley a decent tour option?
Thank you for the info on Charley's taxi.  I will check that out.

19 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

Just use Uber or Lyft in Honolulu, especially for such a short trip to (what I assume to be) a Waikiki hotel. It's a lot easier than hoping there will be a local taxi when getting off a ship with thousands of passengers at the same time. 

Thank you.  I think we will just go with a ride service as suggested.

1 hour ago, go4ak said:

Would you consider the Waikiki Trolley a decent tour option?
Thank you for the info on Charley's taxi.  I will check that out.

It is the Waikiki Trolley I don't consider good as a Hop On Hop Off option as a sub for a tour.

It is fine for Waikiki to Ala Moana, but for getting to Chinatown and areas like that you do  much better just using The Bus, Oahu's public bus system. It is terrific. The Waikiki Trolley Pink Line (Waikiki to Ala Moana) is $5, and an okay deal. Other than that, use The Bus or Uber.

• Like 1