Cancellation and FCC'S

sissy2000

If we have booked a cruise with FCC's with an expiration date of December 2022 and then decide to cancel--what will happen with the FCCs?   Actually 2 questions:  if we use the Cruise with Confidence policy and get FCC's for the cruise, will the new expiration date be 1 year from this current cancellation or will the FCCs we used be placed back on our account with the original expiration?   Second question, what if we use our Princess insurance (Platinum)--will the FCC's we get there have a new expiration date of 1 year out?  Have searched the website but have not found answers.  I can call Princess but thought someone here might know without the looong wait on hold.  Thanks for any help!

My experience recently- Used FCC to book cruise plus additional money on credit card 

had PVP insurance 

paid all in full 

42 days prior to cruise called & asked to cancel using Cruise with Confidence. 
got back my original FCC back to our accounts within 5 days  

reimbursed money amount to credit card in 7 days. The money amount included the amount we paid for the insurance 

quite surprised as 2 agents told me PVP was non refundable. 

3 minutes ago, 007colocruz said:

My experience recently- Used FCC to book cruise plus additional money on credit card 

had PVP insurance 

paid all in full 

42 days prior to cruise called & asked to cancel using Cruise with Confidence. 
got back my original FCC back to our accounts within 5 days  

reimbursed money amount to credit card in 7 days. The money amount included the amount we paid for the insurance 

quite surprised as 2 agents told me PVP was non refundable. 

Did the FCCs that were put back on  your account have the original expiration date or was it pushed out based on the cancellation date?  Our FCC's that we have used were set to expire in December of this year.

7 minutes ago, sissy2000 said:

Did the FCCs that were put back on  your account have the original expiration date or was it pushed out based on the cancellation date?  Our FCC's that we have used were set to expire in December of this year.

Same expiry date of December 31/22. 

If you do not mind I would like to ask a somewhat related question about FCC refunds.

When my Princess cruise was cancelled by Princess, I let them keep my deposit for a 100% bonus FCC.  So I received a cash FCC and an equivalent Goodwill FCC for the same amount.  They both have a book by and sail by date for the end of 2022.  At the time I thought it was a good deal, I had no idea that Princess would be shut down for so long.  I will not be cruising with Princess in 2022.
My TA has tried many times to get Princess to allow me to use both FCC’s for a cruise in the middle of January.  Princess has held very firm in their refusal.

At this point I just wish to received cash back equal to my original deposit and to give up the Goodwill FCC.  Will Princess allow me to get my cash now or do I have to wait until the FCC expires at the end of 2022?  Princess is really giving my TA a hard time with this issue.

Has anyone else been successful in getting a cash refund before the FCC expires.  (It is just equivalent to my deposit for a cruise that Princess cancelled).

Thanks.

I can’t answer. My FCC were non refundable with an expiry of December 31/22.  
I did not ask for extension. 

if I were you I’d find out if yours were refundable & do it now or before they expire. 
Princess has FAQ on website with changes on how they are handling FCC ..

do something before they disappear 

and recently I have gotten different answers from a couple of agents from what my refund actually turned out to be

• Thanks 1