$100 credit for pre-cruise purchases

Hi,

I went into my RCCL account today for my cruise on March 19th and there was a banner towards the top that says "You have a $100 credit to spend on pre-cruise purchases".  My onboard credit total is also saying $100.  I don't know what it is from.  Can this be used for gratuities or only on pre-cruise purchases like it states?  Thanks in advance for your help.

24 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Yes...it can certainly be used towards gratuities. It will show up also as an OBC to your SeaPass account and can be used for anything even once onboard.

Hmmm...it clearly states "for pre cruise purchases".  I'm kinda bummed, mine was only $50 but it didn't show as an onboard credit.

18 minutes ago, ericosmith said:

Hmmm...it clearly states "for pre cruise purchases".  I'm kinda bummed, mine was only $50 but it didn't show as an onboard credit.

If you don't spend it on a precruise purchase the credit will go to your onboard account for you to spend there.  Use it all up though because you won't get any of it refunded if you don't spend it. And yes you can use it towards gratuities.