A New(?) MyVegas Question

I used my rewards credits 2 days ago to purchase the $100 OBC reward and after getting the code I forwarded all of the required info. to the ClubRoyale site.  Today I got an email reply that they (ClubRoyale)were "unable to access your reward through our MyVegas portal. Please contact Playstudios etc. for more information"  Has anyone here has a similar problem recently. I have emailed the Playstudios folks but not to confident that this will get resolved .

• Like 1

Just replying to my own post to let you know that all was resolved after canceling original request and purchasing(?) the reward again to get a new code, luckily there were still $100 OBC certificates available,

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I booked two cabins same cruise for July.   Bought $100 obc from myvegas for the 120000 and it was applied the cabin.  As the second cabin is a separate booking due to discounts used I am now trying without sucess to get $100 obc for the second booking.  Myvegas just won't allow me to purchase a second voucher.

Anyone aware of a solution?

Since these OBC offers are limited to one per MyVegas account per sailing I doubt there is a "solution."  Would be rather difficult for you to book yourself into more than one cabin even if Royal allowed it and the reward is tied to a specific person's email.

Redemption Instructions:

Limit one cruise reward per player, per sailing.

Purchase & Redemption Limitations:

Players are limited to 2 Premium Rewards from Royal Caribbean within a rolling 180 period.  This reward is limited to 1 per my KONAMI slots player.

Similar language if redeeming on MyVegas app.

Now if you were booked on two sailings you might be able to do this - but each reward can only be used once, so you might need to buy two different rewards.

Edited by LeeW
more

Anyone have luck getting a sympathy application for an older booking? My booking was made outside the "new booking" period, and it's currently more expensive to reprice the cruise. I'm assuming it's very much "YMMV".

5 hours ago, behtyas said:

Anyone have luck getting a sympathy application for an older booking? My booking was made outside the "new booking" period, and it's currently more expensive to reprice the cruise. I'm assuming it's very much "YMMV".

I have never had luck getting them to apply to an outside of the 30 day requirement but just keep checking for a price drop.  I had given up on mine but the price dropped last week so I was able to reprice and made it possible to purchase the onboard credit through myVEGAS 

11 hours ago, LeeW said:

Since these OBC offers are limited to one per MyVegas account per sailing I doubt there is a "solution."  Would be rather difficult for you to book yourself into more than one cabin even if Royal allowed it and the reward is tied to a specific person's email.

Redemption Instructions:

Limit one cruise reward per player, per sailing.

Purchase & Redemption Limitations:

Players are limited to 2 Premium Rewards from Royal Caribbean within a rolling 180 period.  This reward is limited to 1 per my KONAMI slots player.

Similar language if redeeming on MyVegas app.

Now if you were booked on two sailings you might be able to do this - but each reward can only be used once, so you might need to buy two different rewards.

Oddly when I redeemed the first one it asked me for first name surname and email on myVEGAS.  I was able to put what I wanted. The myVEGAS account is under a completely different name on Facebook as I didn’t want it to be recognised as me. 

24 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

Oddly when I redeemed the first one it asked me for first name surname and email on myVEGAS.  I was able to put what I wanted. The myVEGAS account is under a completely different name on Facebook as I didn’t want it to be recognised as me. 

Longer explanation.  My myvegas account is linked to a facebook account which I set up purely to do myvegas.  My own name is nowhere near it.  Originally I was False firstname Myvegas.  That allowed me to friend hundreds of other people who were doing the same thing without having a real facebook account filled with people I didn't know.   Therefore it gained extra points each day.

However about two years ago facebook cracked down on this and insisted I could not possibly be called say Bert MyVegas and that I had to rename my facebook account to my real name.  I did this(sort of) and was now Bert Smith (also not real name).  However as fate would have it I lost access to the hotmail address the facebook page was linked to.  I attempted to change my email on facebook but of course they wanted me to click the link on the email sent to the address I could no longer access.

The only way to get back into my false facebook account was to idenftify five friends by their photos which would be on their timelines.  I had 1000 plus friends none of whom I knew of course and certainly no idea what they looked like.  Each day I could go in and would be given if memory serves me right a series of 8 questions.  Each question contained photos of someone who was a friend and five choices of their facebook name (most of which were also false but all five were friends).  It became a bit of a puzzle which lasted three weeks before I was able to idenfity them.   As the majority of people did not have photos only about 50 did and I was through a process of seeing the same images able to identify them.

Anyway.  It does seem that the name of the voucher you enter can be anyone.  It is not your myvegas name.  You enter the name and the email address.  This is what RCI link to.  I was able to do it for my cabin I am now looking to do it for the other.  Today I see the $100 room credit is sold out so I am mildly hopeful when it comes back I may be able to grab one or maybe not.

I have over a million myvegas points and given I have no intention of ever going anywhere near vegas limited places to spend them.   A lot of the deals are US citizen only.  The "free" cruise are of limited interest as the flight costs are high!