Pride of America Covid testing

cwms

Going on POA on 4/9.  Any chance they will kill the requirement for a negative Covid test for fully vaccinated passengers?  If not, we will have to find someplace in Honolulu to get the test as it can’t be more than 2 days before departure and we are there for 3 days plus a travel day ahead of time.

I looked into this when I was over in Honolulu this past December. If you're staying in the Waikiki area, your best bet is to make an appointment at a major drug store (Longs, CVS, Walgreens) in Honolulu. Many testing options I found there, however, require you you do it on a drive-through basis. So, if you're not renting a car and can't find a walk-in option, get a taxi to take you over there and go through the drive-through. (And I specifically mean taxi, because I don't think a ride share app is set up to pay the driver for the wait time at the drive-through.)

You can also do a proctored in-home test from your hotel room, assuming it has decent internet.

There is a facebook page for Covid testing in Hawaii. There was a period of time back in January and early February that getting a covid test was difficult. I believe that has eased up, but the fb page will keep information up to date for you. Since Canadians need to be tested before returning home, and Canadians make up a significant portion of tourists, the demand for covid testing remains high here. I think you will be fine, but as others have mentioned, I'd keep up to date on current happenings and have a plan in place.