Dinner Guests for YC Royal & Owners Suite?

The Admiral

I know the Yacht Club is exclusive to YC suites but was wondering if for the most expensive suites (Royal and Owners Suites) will they allow you to bring two guests to dinner once or twice during the cruise?

just wondering if there are any additional perks like my question above for those suites that may be unwritten but common?

I do not think that is permitted. Just because you are traveling in the MOST EXPENSIVE suite-you get a larger suite and a cabana in the YC. Otherwise you receive all of the other privileges  as all of the YC members get... 

Edited by mmbcater

2 hours ago, The Admiral said:

I know the Yacht Club is exclusive to YC suites but was wondering if for the most expensive suites (Royal and Owners Suites) will they allow you to bring two guests to dinner once or twice during the cruise?

just wondering if there are any additional perks like my question above for those suites that may be unwritten but common?

Why should those in Grand suites, not be allowed to do it also?  Those in YC are free to dine outside of YC in the main dining room.

Why risk spreading covid for those that wish to limit their exposure by staying in YC.

How about getting a regular YC deluxe instead of an OS or RS and using the money to upgrade those guests to YC.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Admiral said:

Because you are staying in a more expensive room than me, the rules shouldn't apply. Is that what you're asking?  Whether you're in an inside cabin or the RS you cannot bring others who have not paid into the YC. By all mean you dine with them, or go to the speciality restaurant.  This strikes me as a wee bit showing off.

No need for anyone to get offended. I was just asking a hypothetical question as other than size of cabin I did not know if there are any other perks for the OS or RS. I’m just researching which I though was what this board is about. Some Suites in other lines have a full sized dinner table and you can invite whomever you want to have drinks and dine in the suite with you, as MSC does not have that layout in their largest cabins again - I was hypothetically wondering what the rules were.

geez 🙄

2 hours ago, The Admiral said:

Some Suites in other lines have a full sized dinner table and you can invite whomever you want to have drinks and dine in the suite with you, as MSC does not have that layout in their largest cabins again - I was hypothetically wondering what the rules were.

Depending on the MSC ship, there could be a table large enough for other guests on the balcony. Seaside and Seaview RS have different tables on the balcony with the Seaview table being smaller. Seashore looks to have room for 6 like Seaside did on the RS balcony.

The OS on Seashore looks like it has plenty of space inside but not a table large enough for more than 4 people to eat.

The thing is that the above possibilities are inside of the guest's stateroom. Wanting to bring non-Yacht Club guests into the stateroom is very different than wanting to bring non-Yacht Club guests into the YC restaurant, Top Sail Lounge, sundeck, etc.

That being said, bringing non-Yacht Club guests into any part of the Yacht Club is a no-no. I'm sure that people sneak friends in but it shouldn't be done. Are there tours for non-Yacht Club guests? Unfortunately, yes. Could a concierge allow your friends into your Royal/Owner's suite? Possibly.

Is promising your non-Yacht Club friends access to the restaurant or even access to the suite wise? No.

On Meraviglia, there are large 2-deck suites that are Yacht Club with all benefits that are located outside of the actual YC enclave. Those allow friends to come and visit the suite anytime. Both NCL (Haven) and Celebrity (Retreat) offer similar "outside of but still access..." staterooms for mixed groups. By mixed, I mean some with access and some without.

Also on NCL, non-Haven guests can dine with Haven guests in the Haven restaurant for a fee and at the discretion of the concierge. The concierge can always deny the request. I bring this up because your question wasn't as bizarre as it seemed on the surface. However, the Yacht Club on MSC looks at it differently. Nothing with MSC is consistent but I would say that even for those in the Owner's Suite, the answer is still no.

Thanks for your reply that is exactly the helpful information I was trying to get…didn’t even know about the concierge discretion in the Heaven.

the service in MSC Yacht Club is definitely the best of any ship within ship concept out there with the NCL Heaven in second place.

The NCL concierge discretion was years ago and not enough posts in last four years on the NCL board to give enough direction if still happening.

As far as perks for RS and above, other than cabana by the pool, which on Mera seems to have gone away unless asked, for a room two to three times the next category down, MSC offers pathetically little.

MSC also seems un-interested in serving meals in room based on our experience.  Not saying it doesn't happen as we have seen from pictures from Marco, but definitely less interested than NCL.