Carnival cancelled our Dream cruise

We were booked on a 9 day October 2023 cruise to Antigua, Barbados, St. Kitts, Saint Thomas and Amber Cove. I just received an email stating this has been cancelled due to Freedom repositioning to Port Canaveral. I’m just sad. Been to all these ports but Antigua and we were so looking forward to it. 😥

• Like 1

I’m sorry.  My husband and I have had our dream cruise cancelled twice on us (once due to hurricane impact and once due to Covid), so I feel your pain.  I’m hoping that as cruising picks back up again they’ll start adding more southern destinations to the itineraries!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Indiansbaseball said:

We were booked on a 9 day October 2023 cruise to Antigua, Barbados, St. Kitts, Saint Thomas and Amber Cove. I just received an email stating this has been cancelled due to Freedom repositioning to Port Canaveral. I’m just sad. Been to all these ports but Antigua and we were so looking forward to it. 😥

Shame this happened we just got the same email. Canceled our Oct 5th

• Like 1

I just saw another thread mentioning a cancellation and they were promised a small OBC as well as a locked in rate that Carnival would honor on a similar cruise.  Did you get such a letter?

If so, I'd try to take advantage of it and see if they will honor the rate lock on a newer, nicer ship.  The Excell (and sometimes Vista) class ships are booking at much higher rates, and now would be a good chance to try one of those ships if Carnival is promising a comparible rate for you.

Yes, I got the letter. We cruise every October and this for us was disappointing because it was some of our favorite ports and a new one. I have a call into my PVP to be on the lookout for something to change to, but so far no 9 days at all and certainly no similar ports. Like some have said, we have a lot of time, but I’m bummed. 

Edited by Indiansbaseball

19 minutes ago, Indiansbaseball said:

Yes, I got the letter. We cruise every October and this for us was disappointing because it was some of our favorite ports and a new one. I have a call into my PVP to be on the lookout for something to change to, but so far no 9 days at all and certainly no similar ports. Like some have said, we have a lot of time, but I’m bummed. 

There are a lot of ships with gaping holes in their schedules as Carnival settles out the changes.  For instance Alaska in 2023 looks barren, due to the Freedom/Spirit changes, but on March 12 those bookings will open again.

Give it a month or so and check back.  They might have more options by then.  As you mentioned, your PVP will also be able to alert you once new bookings open up.

• Like 1