FCC question

kaerofan

Just trying to figure out my best option for using my FCC from a cancelled cruise (2020), if anyone can help?  I'm not clear on what it can be used for.  The cruise I'm looking at is a couple of hundred dollars less than my credit (I'm pretty sure that it can't go towards port fees and taxes?), however my daughter and I don't drink so not sure if its worth it for the Plus Package?  So would it be better to use the whole credit and upgrade to the Plus or can the extra FCC be applied to anything else (tips, excursions, etc.) over and above the base fare?

From the Princess website: 

About Future Cruise Credit

It’s now easier than ever to use your Future Cruise Credit (FCC)! You can apply it toward your next cruise fare or contribute to a travel companion’s fare on your booking. Even better, you can also apply any such credit toward many other charges on your booking, including*:

• Princess Vacation Protection1
  • Booking Flights with Princess2
  • Princess Transfers
  • Hotel Packages
  • or even Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses (TF&PE)

Actually, you will want to read this entire section as there are some restrictions to this depending upon your FCC.  

Princess® Cruise Credits - What are Cruise Credits? - Princess Cruises

In my opinion, you don't have to drink alcohol to make the Princess Plus package worthwhile.  It also includes all non alcohol beverages as well as your gratuities and WiFi.  You can enjoy smoothies, mocktails, specialty coffees and teas, juices, sodas, etc.  The gratuities are a given charge but if you don't use WiFi or a number of the non-alcoholic drinks, maybe you'd be better off going without the package.  

Edited by Cruise Raider