Mask Policy

neverlaysup

We don't sail with them again until Sept, but we do have 45 days booked with another cruise line in late April.  We will continue to mask up when around other people. Personally, it is no big deal to us.  I hardly notice I have it on.  At this point it's getting the appropriate tests in a timely manner that's more of a hassle along with staying negative so as to not be denied boarding.

Please note:  I am not in any way judging the opinions of others. 

All I want is to keep sailing and avoid a repeat of March 2020.  If ships' medical facilities (and morgue?) are ever overwhelmed again, I'm afraid the industry is doomed.  
Background: We were on the last sailing in South America to dock safely and fly home before the debacle of the following cruises being denied entry anywhere including Miami.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, IpswichChris said:

I saw postings on Facebook today that Windstar has just dropped mask mandate for passengers.  Yea!!

Unfortunately still apples to FP, maybe as virus is still hanging around down there. This directly from Windstars everchanging (edited not updated) Covid policy)

• Mask policies are evolving quickly around the world. Guests are no longer required to wear masks aboard Windstar’s yachts in the Caribbean. French Polynesia requires guests to wear masks. All guests are required to wear KN95 or surgical quality masks on all modes of transportation while traveling to the yacht.

Edited by Nearpost345

Inter

8 minutes ago, Nearpost345 said:

Unfortunately still apples to FP, maybe as virus is still hanging around down there. This directly from Windstars everchanging (edited not updated) Covid policy)

• Mask policies are evolving quickly around the world. Guests are no longer required to wear masks aboard Windstar’s yachts in the Caribbean. French Polynesia requires guests to wear masks. All guests are required to wear KN95 or surgical quality masks on all modes of transportation while traveling to the yacht.

Interesting wording. Why wouldn't they have added "and while on the yacht" to the last sentence? Leaves it somewhat open to interpretation as to whether a mask is required on the yacht.

Masks are still required on ships in EU waters. We have another line cruise in April, and have received info that at least as of yesterday, we will be wearing them while in Portugal and Spain. So it does depend on where the ship is sailing.

4 hours ago, Dbld777 said:

Inter

Interesting wording. Why wouldn't they have added "and while on the yacht" to the last sentence? Leaves it somewhat open to interpretation as to whether a mask is required on the yacht.

Had to look for it but in the Masks section, it goes into it 

357783A0-40FE-4F91-B3D8-72FAFCED1247.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It was announced last Thursday to Wind Surf's passengers that starting 5 March on the Wind Surf for those passengers embarking or staying on for another segment, masks will not be required.  For those that still wish to wear a mask or two or three, Windstar has no problem with want you want to do.

Bravo Windstar.  

• Like 1