CDC guidelines changing?

DMS1

It seems to me that to fly into the USA from Canada, a person needs a COVID antigen test due to existing CDC guidelines.

With almost all the COVID guidelines disappearing in the US, I was wondering if anyone has any insights into when the CDC may be lifting these guidelines?

I see online the CDC order that took effect Dec 2021, and I says it will be in effect until it is changed. No specific date for review.

1 hour ago, DMS1 said:

It seems to me that to fly into the USA from Canada, a person needs a COVID antigen test due to existing CDC guidelines.

With almost all the COVID guidelines disappearing in the US, I was wondering if anyone has any insights into when the CDC may be lifting these guidelines?

I see online the CDC order that took effect Dec 2021, and I says it will be in effect until it is changed. No specific date for review.

As the regulations apply to all international flights to the US, not just from Canada, I don't imagine that you'll see a change any time soon.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cmich068 said:

It's definitely possible they get lifted at some point, but they haven't set a date yet.

The CDC also has an order in place still requiring masks on public transit, airplanes, etc. 

FYI Hong Kong and Nee Zealand are getting big spikes from the Omicron variant. Hong Kong is getting a high death rate due to low vaxx rates 22%. New Zealand just allowed expats to come home and they are getting spikes but have a high vaxx rate. I doubt the CDC will make changes until the vaxx rate increase in the States. Not sure what the rate is.