Itinerary for the 24th May Baltic Cruise, or any Later Ones.

tring

Has anyone been notified about Baltic itineraries sailing 24th May or later?  We are booked on the 24th May (Aurora) and I am aware that at least the two cruise itineraries for before that, were published last week.  Also, I am wondering if the notification will come direct from P&O or via our TA - can anyone tell me the answer to that?  There have been reports of other cruise lines re-scheduling cruises for late summer, some a week or so ago.

Receipt of my emails can often be a bit hit and miss, so thinking I may not receive my notification.  We are going away later this week, so will not have easy access to WiFi, and I am just a tad concerned they may re route one or more itineraries (including ours) away from the Baltic, like Molecrochip had mentioned, and we will be asked to contact them to cancel within a set time.  Should be no problem contesting something like that obviously, but easier not to get into that sort of hassle initially. 

Edited by tring

31 minutes ago, RaspberryCremeBrulee said:

We are still awaiting notification re 24th May on Aurora too.

Haven't come across anything to suggest our cruise itinerary or later cruises have had itineraries amended as yet.

Let's hope we receive communication soon, and hope that it's before you are away.

Thanks, will post if I hear anything.  I thought new itineraries would be out early this week when the first two appeared at the end of last week.  There were a number of people saying what their new itineraries were last week for a number of cruise lines, including Carnival Corporation lines such as Aida and Princess, but all went quiet towards the end of the week. I suspect because most people had heard by then. 

I tried searching the port websites that are not on our current Itinerary for ships booked in and I could not find any apart from Copenhagen and we are not showing there.  I found Visby and Stockholm and Aurora is still booked into each of those for just one day, with the Visby entry saying the ship will be coming from Gothenburg.  I had hoped for an overnight in Stockholm, but perhaps not.

Im on a Princess Baltic cruise on the 26th May and our Itinerary has been changed as below:

ITINERARY CHANGE In light of the recent attacks by Russia in Ukraine, Enchanted Princess will no longer call to St. Petersburg, Russia on Wednesday, June 1 and Thursday, June 2, 2022. Additionally, we will no longer call to Tallinn, Estonia on Tuesday, May 31. Instead, we have added calls to Kristiansand, Norway, Skagen, Denmark, and Aarhus, Denmark. As a result of these changes, we have adjusted the call date for Berlin (Warnemunde), Germany. The itinerary listed below does not yet reflect these changes, and we will send you a full, updated itinerary next week once our system has been updated.

2 hours ago, CCFC said:

Im on a Princess Baltic cruise on the 26th May and our Itinerary has been changed as below:

ITINERARY CHANGE In light of the recent attacks by Russia in Ukraine, Enchanted Princess will no longer call to St. Petersburg, Russia on Wednesday, June 1 and Thursday, June 2, 2022. Additionally, we will no longer call to Tallinn, Estonia on Tuesday, May 31. Instead, we have added calls to Kristiansand, Norway, Skagen, Denmark, and Aarhus, Denmark. As a result of these changes, we have adjusted the call date for Berlin (Warnemunde), Germany. The itinerary listed below does not yet reflect these changes, and we will send you a full, updated itinerary next week once our system has been updated.

Thank you for the information, we were due in SPB on 31st May and 1st June.  I had not thought about Kristiansand, yet we will be sailing fairly near to it.  We have been previously, and not much to return for, but ok for a walk along the shore and a coffee if the weather is good.

18 hours ago, tring said:

Has anyone been notified about Baltic itineraries sailing 24th May or later?  We are booked on the 24th May (Aurora) and I am aware that at least the two cruise itineraries for before that, were published last week.  Also, I am wondering if the notification will come direct from P&O or via our TA - can anyone tell me the answer to that?  There have been reports of other cruise lines re-scheduling cruises for late summer, some a week or so ago.

The information about the 1st May Arcadia change of itinerary came directly from P&O on 4th March and I booked via a TA.  It did go into my gmail 'Promotions' account however, so you do need to keep a look out for it.

15 hours ago, CCFC said:

It is a great shame that Tallinn  is off the cruise list. It has done nothing wrong and is one of my favourite cities. I cannot see there is any danger yet, no more so thn Finland and Sweden which Russia has openly threatened.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Yorkypete said:

It is a great shame that Tallinn  is off the cruise list. It has done nothing wrong and is one of my favourite cities. I cannot see there is any danger yet, no more so thn Finland and Sweden which Russia has openly threatened.

Tallinn is still on the itinerary for Arcadia's Baltic cruise departing 1st May

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

The information about the 1st May Arcadia change of itinerary came directly from P&O on 4th March and I booked via a TA.  It did go into my gmail 'Promotions' account however, so you do need to keep a look out for it.

Thanks a lot, that was one thing I was wanting to know.  Luckily I do not have anything going into another junk type file, but there is one that comes up on my emails and would have a number by it if anything did go into it.

I received an email from P&O about ten minutes ago but it was just one of those promotional "On the Horizon" ones!  I was not sure though so had to check it through and they are still offering us excursions to SPB.  We cancelled our excursions for there a few days back and the refund came back yesterday. 

1 hour ago, Yorkypete said:

Thankfully we should be OK with that, which is already on our itinerary.  P&O do not seem

to have removed any ports from the original itineraries. 

We have a change from our original itinerary a few weeks back because of some problems with the cruise pier at Warnermunde (work is scheduled for when we are due to call I think).  That has been replaced with Bornholm.

Edited by tring

41 minutes ago, comcox said:

I was considering the July and August Baltic sailings and wrote to P&O about possible changes.  They told me they expected (hoped?) to finalize amended itineraries by March 9th.

Thanks, that is tomorrow so fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, Yorkypete said:

Princess will have a large number of Americans booked on Baltic cruises, and they are far more risk averse than we are, so it's not surprising they have dropped Tallinn.

Just found Aurora booked into Copenhagen for 4th June and we are now booked into Visby twice, 30th May, which is a new one and also 28th May, which is the original date and will presumably be deleted.  At least we are still destined for the Baltic, which was beginning to niggle me a bit.  Hopefully we will get the new itinerary tomorrow or soon after.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ulsteinvik said:

Also there is a new call in Oslo on 05 and 06 June.

Ahh, interesting, thank you, much appreciated.  We were due to be in Fredericia on the 5th though, so looks like the the earlier call to Visby is probably changed to Fredericia.  Hence, three port days added could mean the loss of Tallin, Riga or Bornholm (the latter only replacing Warnemunde three weeks ago).  

Having lost Warnemunde and possibly loosing Tallin or Riga as well, would give little point in the cruise for us as we have been to those western Baltic ports previously and have no particular wish to revisit them, (especially Oslo which appears regularly on other itineraries).  Warnemunde, Tallin and Riga were all new to us and highly appealing, so if only one of those is left, we will not be happy bunnies.

Edited by tring

26 minutes ago, tring said:

Ahh, interesting, thank you, much appreciated.  We were due to be in Fredericia on the 5th though, so looks like the the earlier call to Visby is probably changed to Fredericia.  Hence, three port days added could mean the loss of Tallin, Riga or Bornholm (the latter only replacing Warnemunde three weeks ago).  

Having lost Warnemunde and possibly loosing Tallin or Riga as well, would give little point in the cruise for us as we have been to those western Baltic ports previously and have no particular wish to revisit them, (especially Oslo which appears regularly on other itineraries).  Warnemunde, Tallin and Riga were all new to us and highly appealing, so if only one of those is left, we will not be happy bunnies.

We have been to Tallinn twice and love the old town. It reminded me of Brugge without the canals. It would be a great shame if it was taken off any cruise list as the people are wonderful and the country has done nothing wrong. It would affect the economy for no other reason than the  fear we have of Russia.

• Like 2

I don't think they will drop Tallinn. If we look at the calls, she is booked in Stockholm on 29 May, Visby 30 May and the next call we see in Copenhagen on 04 June. There are still 3 days time to visit Tallinn, Helsinki and Riga before she have to sail a seaday to Copenhagen. I would think that they will drop Bornholm or Fredericia or both of them but maybe I am wrong.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Ulsteinvik said:

I don't think they will drop Tallinn. If we look at the calls, she is booked in Stockholm on 29 May, Visby 30 May and the next call we see in Copenhagen on 04 June. There are still 3 days time to visit Tallinn, Helsinki and Riga before she have to sail a seaday to Copenhagen. I would think that they will drop Bornholm or Fredericia or both of them but maybe I am wrong.

Helsinki is not on our itinerary.  Bornholm would at least just be one hit and could make sense as not on the original itinerary.   Fredericia is to the north of those parts of Denmark which are to the west of Copenhagen, so I feel unlikely to back track to Copenhagen from there.  Also, the ship will have to go somewhere between Gothenburg and Stockholm (was sea day and Visby but could easily be replaced with Fredericia and sea day).  Putting Bornholm in that early part of the itinerary would be more or less in the middle of those two days, so a tad diffficult to do. 

I got the date wrong for Fredericia, we were due there on the 6th with Bornholm on the 5th.  Well thank you a lot for your comments, we just have to wait and see now and hope it is Borholm that has been dropped 🙂

Edited by tring

20 minutes ago, Ulsteinvik said:

After the Gothenburg call on 26 May, it would be possible to go to Fredericia/Warnemunde/Kiel and then a seaday to Stockholm. So maybe you will only lose Bornholm.

Yes, our thoughts are aligned and TBH dropping Bornholm would not be a big issue as it is only a replacement port rather than a port on the original itinerary. 

There must a shortage of berths to shunt around to different dates though in the eastern Baltic, especially as other lines seem to have already done their changes for this spring, including Aida and Princess.  Those other Carnival lines are doing some regular runs in the Baltic though, so in their interest to make sure their itineraries are sorted first.  We were told that our call to Warnemunde on 5th June was cancelled, "Due to ongoing construction work on the berth", yet other ships are still visiting there, which is very confusing, unless the work is just for a short window or we were due in a different berth.  If we were to get that call re-instated for the 27th May, would be a great advantage, but I feel not that likely.