Best way to book my family of 5 adults on Pearl?

BarefootMom

I am hoping to book on the Pearl (Boston to Bermuda) for June '23 to celebrate college graduations for my daughter and her boyfriend (both will be 22) and me and my husband and our other daughter (19). I have not been on NCL before and am researching room types. I think the Haven cost will be too much unofrtunately but am considering 2 adjoining Club Balcony Suites vs one 2 Bedroom deluxe family suite --- any thoughts on what scenario would be best for enjoyment/space/layout? Is the 2 bedroom suite actually a "suite" category and the others not? Any other configurations of rooming the 5 of us that would make sense? Will the extra bedroom in the 2 bedroom feel too squished? 

48 minutes ago, BarefootMom said:

I am hoping to book on the Pearl (Boston to Bermuda) for June '23 to celebrate college graduations for my daughter and her boyfriend (both will be 22) and me and my husband and our other daughter (19). I have not been on NCL before and am researching room types. I think the Haven cost will be too much unofrtunately but am considering 2 adjoining Club Balcony Suites vs one 2 Bedroom deluxe family suite --- any thoughts on what scenario would be best for enjoyment/space/layout? Is the 2 bedroom suite actually a "suite" category and the others not? Any other configurations of rooming the 5 of us that would make sense? Will the extra bedroom in the 2 bedroom feel too squished? 

I am not familiar with the suites on the Pearl, but I have looked into many cabins with the same considerations in mind and have come to the conclusion that there are very very few suites on NCL that would really be comfortable for 4 or more adults.  In my opinion everyone would probably be happier with their own cabin even if it is nothing fancy.

• Like 2

A few thoughts depending on your budget...

Would you consider booking an inside cabin across the hall from the 2 bed to gain extra beds (and privacy for the daughter and boyfriend) with their own bathroom.  5 adults in a 2-bed on the Jewel class coudl be tight.  The 2nd small bedroom would be good for one adult (your other daughter).

We did this with my family a number of years ago and got extra 2 bed key cards for the people in the inside so they could come and go in the 2 bed as they pleased.

A perfect scenario, would be a club balcony adjoining the 2 bed... but as you were already looking at adjoining club balconies, perhaps beyond the budget.

Good luck!

• Like 1

You could get a family suite with an adjoining cabin on the 11th floor.  We were just on the Gem and had the same thing.  The family suite is 2 bedrooms with 2 bathrooms and a living room, table with chairs, and other bonuses.  We connected our cabin with my mom and kept the adjoining door open.   It was nice to have a place to hang together comfortably.  The family suite is not part of the haven but does have some of the benefits of it.  Butler/Concierge/Breakfast & lunch dining.  You do not have access to the haven though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BarefootMom said:

If you want cabins that have a common door between them for direct access, you want CONNECTING cabins.  Adjoining only means they are next to each other.  Be sure to ask for what you want.

• Like 2

Exactly... that's what we all meant... CONNECTING balcony and 2-bedroom cabins (as japit and I both suggested). 

The only issue (aside from budget) would be that those in the balcony would not get the same breakfast/lunch suite perks as the others.  That may or may not be a deal breaker.  The same would occur with the 2-bed/inside cabin combo.

I think we're all in agreement that 5 adults in the 2-bed is a tad "cozy"... I supposed it could be done as long everyone could handle the "coziness".

Edited by lgdesign
  • Like 1

So if we did 2 adjoining club balcony rooms we would not get lunch/dinner access that the suite has but would still get butler/concierge? I understand there would be a door between the two rooms to access, is there also a way that the 2 balconies would be able to be open to each other? 

I want us all to have the same "perks" so I do not think I want to do the 2 bedroom suite attached to a club balcony room.

I am also thinking that squishing into the 2 bedroom may still be ok - however that 1 small balcony is a little disappointing. Are the extra benefits of a suite (non-haven)over a club balcony room just the nicer designated breakfast/lunch places? 

thank you all!

58 minutes ago, BarefootMom said:

So if we did 2 adjoining club balcony rooms we would not get lunch/dinner access that the suite has but would still get butler/concierge? I understand there would be a door between the two rooms to access, is there also a way that the 2 balconies would be able to be open to each other? 

I want us all to have the same "perks" so I do not think I want to do the 2 bedroom suite attached to a club balcony room.

I am also thinking that squishing into the 2 bedroom may still be ok - however that 1 small balcony is a little disappointing. Are the extra benefits of a suite (non-haven)over a club balcony room just the nicer designated breakfast/lunch places? 

thank you all!

Club balcony does not get either designated 'Haven' restaurants or butler/concierge.  There are a few perks above a regular balcony but they are not that significant.

NCL does not allow balcony dividers to be opened.

• Like 1

Pearl's Club Balcony suites have bathtubs not shower in their bathrooms. This is the reason we avoid them on the Jewel Class ships. Also, they are on Deck 11 that is under the Pool deck 12.

Will you ALL (especially the kids) ever spend any time sitting out on the balcony? If not, consider booking the deck 8 Obstructed Oceanview cabins (OK cabins) - they are inexpensive, yet you can still see the sea and sky!

Have FUN!!

Edited by bluesea777

8 hours ago, BarefootMom said:

thank you all!

The 2 bedroom suites have 1 real bed, the second bedroom is a pull out couch (full) and a Pullman, and the last bed is the couch in the main room.

my kids (8 and 11 last time one we were in a 2 bedroom) felt cramped; I can’t imagine trying to put 2-3 adults in there.

just FYI.

• Like 1

Ok, it sounds like I may definitely need to rule out the 2 bedroom for us then due to squishiness...What is the sleeping option in a Penthouse suite for the 3rd person? From what I have found it does not look like a full size couch but merely a chair that would open to a bed? I sure do love that the suites have some additional amenities and would love to do two of those if I can swing the cost. 

On 3/8/2022 at 8:38 AM, BarefootMom said:

thank you all!

We have done the 2 bedroom with children and it was fantastic, but would not work well with adults unless they are happy being very crowded at night.  A suite is super nice for the butler.  We never used the concierge.  We had almost every breakfast in our suite and plan on using our butler that way for our next cruise.  A regular balcony does not get you anything but a view.  If you can afford connecting aft suites you can get much bigger balconies and because they are suites, the benefits of the butler/concierge.  We love the Pearl.  Hope you can find what would be perfect for you.