Pros and Cons of 2 Itineraries

kaerofan

Just looking for opinions.  I have 2 cruises currently on a courtesy hold and I'm really struggling with which one to choose?  Both are within $100 of each other. I will be travelling with my 19 year old daughter and we are both Canadian.

Option one:  14 days - Majestic Princess - roundtrip Vancouver (basically a back to back): Ketchikan (x2), Juneau (x2), Skagway (x2), Glacier Bay National Park (x2), College Fjord, Anchorage, Hubbard Glacier and 2 sea days.

Option two:  12 days - Royal Princess - roundtrip Vancouver, Juneau, Skagway, Icy Strait Point, Sitka, Hubbard Glacier, Glacier Bay National Park, Endicott Arm and Dawes Glacier, Ketchikan and Victoria, also 2 sea days.

We’re doing the 14 night, for a 3rd time, on Royal and had considered the 12 night. Sitka is our favorite port although I don’t care for Icy Strait Point other than for a whale watch. I feel Endicott Arm/Dawes Glacier to be a bit lack luster in comparison to the 3 other glaciers on the 14 night.  Any Alaska cruise will be exceptional if you’ve never been as you can’t compare it to anything. If glaciers are a priority, the 14 night is the one to go with.

• Like 1

Whichever you choose, if you see a small boat excursion to the glacier offered (probably on the Endicott Arm / Dawes Glacier day), definitely book it quickly. It will get you much closer to the glacier than just staying on the ship.

• Like 2

If you do the Majestic on the Northbound leg book with Adventure Bound in Juneau for a small boat trip to Tracy Arm. Few ships are in port long enough for this excursion, I've done it 5 or 6 times and it is my favorite anywhere. Also way cheaper than thru the cruise line

• Like 3

We chose the 12 day on the Royal this year because of the amazing itinerary - getting Sitka and three glacier viewing days plus Victoria which you normally don’t get on a Vancouver round trip was just too good to pass up. And all the port days offer a good amount of time to really enjoy a full day. We have done the back to back and you can’t lose either way - both are great options but for us the itinerary just tipped the 12 day into the win column

• Like 1