Covid Testing Question

Wakepatrol

2 minutes ago, jhannah said:

That's a great question. We will be testing next week, so I'll be anxious to see someone post a definitive answer.

Now that I’ve watched 20 videos of people taking the test and finally a couple with people using cell phones, I’m stumped to know if we can use just one phone?

You can use just use one phone but you will have to wait the fifteen minutes to get your results then log off first person and log on for the second person.  Make sure you each set up an account and you are good to go.  Linda

So we have watched the you tube videos on how to do the self administered proctored test. It really is silly in that they put you on hold for 15 minutes, then someone else pops back up and asks you if there is one or two lines on the stick. No one is actually looking at the stick but you. Person at home goes, uhhh yes one line. Then she goes, ok great you are negative, I will put that in the system...

I'm not really sure why anything needs to be proctored in that it is still the honor system for reporting whether it is one or two lines on the device.

22 minutes ago, kentuckycruiser said:

So we have watched the you tube videos on how to do the self administered proctored test. It really is silly in that they put you on hold for 15 minutes, then someone else pops back up and asks you if there is one or two lines on the stick. No one is actually looking at the stick but you. Person at home goes, uhhh yes one line. Then she goes, ok great you are negative, I will put that in the system...

I'm not really sure why anything needs to be proctored in that it is still the honor system for reporting whether it is one or two lines on the device.

Wow. I thought everything had to be in their view all the time. No sense in it otherwise 

11 hours ago, Bucketlist22 said:

Wow. I thought everything had to be in their view all the time. No sense in it otherwise 

well for the 15 minutes that the test is pending no one from the other side is there. There is person number one who walks you through it then when the 15 minutes is up someone else pops up on the screen to go over the results. From what I have read and seen, the second line (which shows positive) can be so faint that no one via a video could see it clearly anyway.

8 hours ago, oakridger said:

Yes, the test card must stay in camera view the whole time.

correct but doing the test myself its hard to see with reading glasses on and with your own eyes, no one via a camera is looking at the results and looking for a faint second line. And no one is "on the other side" during the 15 minutes the test is processing.  And then a different person pops up after the 15 minutes is over and asks "how many lines do you see".  

Edited by kentuckycruiser

14 hours ago, Bucketlist22 said:

It does.When we did our tests we waited 15 minutes and someone came back on and we had to show them on camera the covid test with the result on the stick!

Edited by Harrylinden

On 3/8/2022 at 8:56 PM, kentuckycruiser said:

Perhaps the videos were edited because there is more to the test than them just taking your word on the results.

At the start of the test, the proctor visually verifies your ID matches the profile you set up then they have you hold the test card close to the camera to scan a QR code unique to that card.  They then walk you through the test and, as noted, go off camera waiting for the 15 minute timer to reach zero.  Once you press the button to bring back the proctor--and yes it can be a different person--they ask you to view the card and tell them what you see.  They then have you hold the card close to the camera again so they can re-scan the QR code and view the card results.  They have to see the control line and whether or not there is a second line.  If no second line--they will judge your test as negative.  If no lines they will judge the test as invalid (the reason to have a second test kit available).  If two lines, they will judge the test as positive.

So the bottom line is that the test is not based on an honor system.  Yes, the proctor does ask you what results you see, but their final decision is based on their, not your, visual inspection and verification of the test card results.

• Thanks 2