Questions about Norwegian Encore

jlynchtx

We have never been on a NCL cruise before and I had a few questions about the Encore specifically. We are thinking about doing an Alaska cruise on the Encore this summer with my family and parents. 

1. Are there any other shows beside the two Broadway shows? All they mention on the website are the Choir of Man and the Kinky Boots show, is that all they have? Are there any variety shows such as Juggling or Magic shows?

2. Do they have family friendly stand up comedy shows? 

3. Are there welcome aboard shows, trivia, game shows, etc? Again, there isn’t much in the way of activities mentioned online. 

4. On the Alaska cruises, do they have a park ranger come on board when they go through Glacier Bay? Do they have any talks or anything related to Alaska specifically?

5. Are they still making towel animals? This will be my parents first cruise and was hoping they could experience that at least once. 

Thanks!

Here are scans of a few days of Freestyle Daily's from our Encore cruise in February.

You'll see quite a bit of the entertainment available.

The early comedy / magician shows were family friendly, the later ones more adult.

Sadly, no towel animals 😞

SCAN0001.PDF

24 minutes ago, jlynchtx said:

We have never been on a NCL cruise before and I had a few questions about the Encore specifically. We are thinking about doing an Alaska cruise on the Encore this summer with my family and parents. 

1. Are there any other shows beside the two Broadway shows? All they mention on the website are the Choir of Man and the Kinky Boots show, is that all they have? Are there any variety shows such as Juggling or Magic shows?

3. Are there welcome aboard shows, trivia, game shows, etc? Again, there isn’t much in the way of activities mentioned online. 

4. On the Alaska cruises, do they have a park ranger come on board when they go through Glacier Bay? Do they have any talks or anything related to Alaska specifically?

5. Are they still making towel animals? This will be my parents first cruise and was hoping they could experience that at least once. 

Thanks!

We live in Seattle and try to cruise to Alaska every year. 
With pandemic, some on board items have been either modified or on hold. Depending on current Covid policy when you cruise, entertainment schedule may be decided at the last minute. NCL always has had entertainment for families and late night for adults only.

The comedy show we have attended were for families. We don’t usually attend late night programs as we are exhausted from the days excursions.

We have done trivia etc which is usually done on sea days. Also, had movie shown in main atrium ( family friendly)

YES, we had Park ranger come onboard when entering Glacier Bay ( about 7 am) .

Ranger does overview and description of bays over TV channel in cabins or on speakers in public areas. Can be heard out on decks also.

Not sure what current towel animal experience will be this summer.

It is a unique cruise and we always enjoy it.

43 minutes ago, jlynchtx said:

Thanks!

The link below is to my live posting from the Encore to Alaska last year. It was a non-Glacier Bay itinerary. It was the re-start voyage so, some of the shows weren’t ready to go and we ended up missing a port due to a medical emergency. 

But, the Dailies and other information will give you an idea on what to expect. 

When you embark, go to The Social, Deck 6 mid-ship to make show reservations. They will have a check sheet like below. You’ll see that early comedy shows are family oriented and late shows are 18+. 

There are shows in the theater every night. But only the two main shows require reservations. 

Once you have your shows booked, go across the hall to Teppanyaki to fix your dining reservations. 

C66CB10E-CE4B-4A13-8ACB-6EA236C13DE7.jpeg.c69eebfccd955d423749ba5ad725f5b1.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels