Norwegian Joy Deck 5 Room with Splash Academy Down the Hall

boltnut55

Clearly I wasn't paying attention when I booked 2 room on the Norwegian Joy.  I know the suggestions about making sure public areas is not above or below you, etc. but here I am... We're on Deck 5, 5910 and 5908.  What I like about the room is that I'll be getting the one with only 1 neighbor, and my neighbors are quiet family members next door.  Plus these are the Family Ocean View Stateroom, so it's slightly larger in order to fit 5 (we will only have 2). 

However, it does look the Splash Academy is on the same floor down the hall.  I don't think we share walls with them, although I can't tell what's really next to me though.  Has anyone stayed around that area before?  I'm mostly concerned that kids will run down the hall screaming at 8:00AM while I'm trying to sleep in (happens at hotels w/children and adults!).  Late night is less of a concern because I normally sleep around 1:00AM.  Above me looks like a comedy club, whiskey bar, and the Taste Restaurant.  So now... I think I got the worse rooms on the ship (it's also the lowest deck of rooms on the ship).

It'll be a 14-day cruise on the Panama Canal at the end of the year, so I'm sure the Splash Academy will be open by then.  Thoughts? Suggestions?  What would you do?  It's already about $5600 for 2, so I'm hoping not to have to pay more...  Thanks!

there is a separate hallway that goes down to splash academy which is in the middle of the ship. there is a different hallway that goes to your cabin and ends at your cabin

you are far enough where noise and other issues will not be an issue

I can't see the splash academy causing too much disruptive noise unless you really like to sleep in late or nap during the day and even then it might only be the odd kid running down the hall.  For that kind of cruise I can't imagine there would be very many kids at all anyways.

• Like 1

1.  In all likelihood, these long PC crossing have very few children or teens onboard, maybe a dozen todders or pre-school age.  If they are dropped off at Splash Academy, they are supervised and watched by assigned NCL staffer within designated area, not roaming around.

2.  Splash is in a totally separate area and nowhere near your oversized OV, noise & traffic are minimum in "your" corridor, there could be additional crew-only (higher ranking ones) cabins in that huge white area, along with equipment, provisioning and storage, gears for dis/embarkation & tendering operations, along with empty/luggage carts, etc. 

3.  It appeared you are below Whiskey Bar, noises from the Club aren't above you ... and any noises from Savor MDR should be minimal to none after 10:30 or 11 p.m. once the dining/seating area are cleaned & prep'd for the following day ... don't believe the crew move heavy tables or chairs around each morning or late night.  Of course, there is a chance you might hear h.d. vacuum cleaners being run - I wouldn't worry too much. 

4.  You aren't on the lowest deck nor the worst location on the ship - you are on the lowest passenger deck and mid ship, something that you might come to appreciate in the event that your sailing run into heavy seas and rough weather or strong gale force wind avoiding hurricane.  There are several decks below with crew quarters.  

5.  As it get closer to your sailing and should prices drop before/after final payment, you could or maybe should consider upgrading (at little or no extra charge - just make sure you don't lose any promo perks, etc.) to a balcony - tradeoff is that your cabin size will be reduced, but for 2 adults - I don't see that as a major deal breaker (IMHO).  You would be on a higher deck ... 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...