? about supply chain issues and drinks on Mardi Gras

skittles4s

Greetings! I just got off the Carnival Sunshine in February. I had the Cheers! package for the first time, but we ran in to a lot of outages during our 4 night cruise, primarily with wine and diet soda. Many a glass of Santa Helena wine was abandoned during those four days for being really gross. 

I'm looking at booking the Mardi Gras for May, but on the fence about Cheers! or not. It was super convenient and lovely most of the time. Has any one been on the Mardi Gras lately and run in to severe shortages with specific drinks?

Heard the wine was stored during the pandemic in not optimal conditions. Saw another post recently complaining about running out of Bud Light on day 5 of 7, forget which ship. Shame they pass off that wine though.

The wine, in general, is fine although they ran out of our favorite on our current cruise. If someone thinks the wine taste is off, perhaps they still have lingering COVID taste buds. We have been cruising since the restart last July and get a wine package everytime.

They have allowed us to substitute a "higher" priced wine of the same variety for the lower price. 

2 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

The wine, in general, is fine although they ran out of our favorite on our current cruise. If someone thinks the wine taste is off, perhaps they still have lingering COVID taste buds. We have been cruising since the restart last July and get a wine package everytime.

They have allowed us to substitute a "higher" priced wine of the same variety for the lower price. 

I've never had Covid and have zero issues with wine at home. Their wine was OFF on the Sunshine (tasted like dandelions) in many cases. I did have one AMAZING glass of J Lohr Cabernet our first night in the dining room, but they ran out of it by the first night. After that, the only cab on board was the Santa Helena Cabernet in every bar on board. 

That is why I'm just curious for others who have been on the Mardi Gras and drink wine what their experience had been. I know they have the wine packages you can buy too, but I don't know if there have been shortages with buying by the bottle as well. 

4 hours ago, skittles4s said:

I've never had Covid and have zero issues with wine at home. Their wine was OFF on the Sunshine (tasted like dandelions) in many cases. I did have one AMAZING glass of J Lohr Cabernet our first night in the dining room, but they ran out of it by the first night. After that, the only cab on board was the Santa Helena Cabernet in every bar on board. 

That is why I'm just curious for others who have been on the Mardi Gras and drink wine what their experience had been. I know they have the wine packages you can buy too, but I don't know if there have been shortages with buying by the bottle as well. 

I'm wondering if the wine on Sunshine was improperly stored during the pandemic? Someone, I believe it was Ninjacat123 posted about bad wine, too.